Get out of here Gillespie

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4021232"]Billy Gillispie out as coach of Kentucky Wildcats in second season - ESPN[/ame]

Poor Billy. 2 years? Really? You'd think Kentucky would give him more time to do his thing.

With that said, the first job that opens up will be Billy's if he want's it...

Poor Billy. 2 years? Really? You'd think Kentucky would give him more time to do his thing.

Doesn't Virginia have a job open? I heard they wanted Tubby Smith (who got tired of Kentucky), but he says he's not leaving Minnesota.

I don't think so. Everything I heard said that Billy got canned for his piss poor attitude as much the losing. When you crash and burn at a high profile program you usually don't get a 2nd chance. Look at Matt Dohrety. He's at SMU now and they're terrible. Nobody has ever offered Steve Lavin another chance after what he did to UCLA and Mike Davis is slumming it at UAB. Gillespie will coach again, but expect it to be somewhere like TCU or New Mexico St not another big time program.

Random thoughts before the Sweet 16

RIP Shane McConkey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)