Random thoughts before the Sweet 16

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
1. I miss Sandra. PLEASE COME BACK! WE MISS YOU!:(

2. Why do I have this feeling that the Sweet 16 is Pitt's biggest hurdle? I have this feeling that if they win tomorrow, the monkey would be off their back and they would have a cakewalk in the East Regional Final?

3. I already have voiced my opinion on the Raiders playing on Thanksgiving. Salsa, you're Mr. Raiders fan on here- what do you think of that?

4. Given how the Lakers and Cavs are fighting for the NBA's best record, that one home loss for Cleveland doesn't sound so bad. It's not like they lost to the Thunder or Kings.

5. I don't understand why the NFL thinks the Bears-Packers rivalry is worthy of being the NBC Sunday opener. Salsa, you lived in Chicago- I think it's an overrated rivalry. What did you think of that rivalry when you lived there?

6. I also don't understand why the Raiders also got the second MNF game in week 1- last year, Denver blew them out. Why does the NFL think the Raiders are worthy of primetime? It's not 1976 anymore!

7. I'm going to a baseball game this Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside against Northern Kentucky university. I've seen these teams play before, and one thing I learned- women from Cincinnati are H-O-T! (Sat with them during a doubleheader- any Bengal fans know about this?)

8. In the last few years, NBA #8 seeds have shown a lot of heart and effort (Warriors, Hawks.) Are there any teams capable of doing so this year or will we return to the old days of lopsided sweeps?

9. I was watching 'Dancing With the Stars' and there's a guy on there named Steve Wozniak. Paul, are you related to him?:D

10. On Friday, the Cavs host Minnesota at the Q. Can you say MISMATCH? We have the L Train going up against a toy train! (No Al Jefferson = no chance of the game being remotely competitive) Minnesota should just wave the white flag and forfeit- it's better than getting embarassed and seeing your asses get handed to you by LBJ on SportsCenter.

11. This CollegeInsider.com tournament is embarassing. Can you imagine a school's fans saying, "We're #113! We're #113!"

12. What's the fattiest food you've ever eaten?

13. I am not ready to believe that Blake Griffin is ready to go pro. He's a sophomore- I know he'd want to win a title, and his window of opportunity will be wide open. Since when was winning NCAA titles secondary for basketball players who want to leave right away?

14. What's the scariest movie you have ever seen? For me, anything with a killer bear or alligator petrifies me.

15. What's the weirdest thing you've ever bought at a yard/garage sale?

16. If any of you are familiar with Valerie Bertinelli, it's amazing how she still looks great at the age of 48.

valeriebertinelli.jpg

This is her on the latest issue of 'People' magazine.

1. I miss Sandra. PLEASE COME BACK! WE MISS YOU!:( I do remember she mentioning a boyfriend....maybe she is the smartest of us all and spending FREE TIME doing what real humans do.....socialize with other humans....than us sports freaks/geeks!:eureka

3. I already have voiced my opinion on the Raiders playing on Thanksgiving. Salsa, you're Mr. Raiders fan on here- what do you think of that? Though my Raiders did show some improvement AND were in quite a few games, I honestly do not think they are STILL "not ready for prime time players".

4. Given how the Lakers and Cavs are fighting for the NBA's best record, that one home loss for Cleveland doesn't sound so bad. It's not like they lost to the Thunder or Kings. Like I have said before, home court throughout is a VERY nice luxury, but IF you are good and destined to win, it really isn't needed.

5. I don't understand why the NFL thinks the Bears-Packers rivalry is worthy of being the NBC Sunday opener. Salsa, you lived in Chicago- I think it's an overrated rivalry. What did you think of that rivalry when you lived there? The rivalry is awesome....10-20 years ago. There are NOT the same Bears and Packers teams of old. BUT with that said, they are STILL the two best teams in that division....which isn't saying much.

6. I also don't understand why the Raiders also got the second MNF game in week 1- last year, Denver blew them out. Why does the NFL think the Raiders are worthy of primetime? It's not 1976 anymore! I don't think it's as much the Raiders as it is the Raiders/Chargers rivalry. But then again, the Chargers has been handing our asses to us the last 4 years so it is STILL not a rivalry. The funniest part is, the Raiders STILL hold a winning record against the Chargers....54-42 LOL!

7. I'm going to a baseball game this Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside against Northern Kentucky university. I've seen these teams play before, and one thing I learned- women from Cincinnati are H-O-T! (Sat with them during a doubleheader- any Bengal fans know about this?) LMAO!! You wouldn't last 5 minutes at Miami International Airport, much less South Beach if you were talking about hot women!

8. In the last few years, NBA #8 seeds have shown a lot of heart and effort (Warriors, Hawks.) Are there any teams capable of doing so this year or will we return to the old days of lopsided sweeps? Be VERY careful is the Pistons come in at an 8th seed.

9. I was watching 'Dancing With the Stars' and there's a guy on there named Steve Wozniak. Paul, are you related to him?:D I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING!!!! LMAO!

13. I am not ready to believe that Blake Griffin is ready to go pro. He's a sophomore- I know he'd want to win a title, and his window of opportunity will be wide open. Since when was winning NCAA titles secondary for basketball players who want to leave right away? $$$$$$$$$$$$$ ....'nuff said!

14. What's the scariest movie you have ever seen? For me, anything with a killer bear or alligator petrifies me. To this day, "Killer Clowns from Outer Space" prevents me from going to the circus and talking to midgets/vertically challenged people! I am DEAD serious!:eek:

16. If any of you are familiar with Valerie Bertinelli, it's amazing how she still looks great at the age of 48.

valeriebertinelli.jpg

Valerie looks great at 48! But look at Christy Brinkley at soon to be 55!!! YOWZA!!!!!

Attachments

• Christie at 54.bmp
    539.8 KB · Views: 214
2. Why do I have this feeling that the Sweet 16 is Pitt's biggest hurdle? I have this feeling that if they win tomorrow, the monkey would be off their back and they would have a cakewalk in the East Regional Final?

Pitt's biggest hurdle is keeping those 2 big chubby guys out of foul trouble and to make sure they're not winded coming down the stretch.

4. Given how the Lakers and Cavs are fighting for the NBA's best record, that one home loss for Cleveland doesn't sound so bad. It's not like they lost to the Thunder or Kings.

Like I said before: 1 loss at home is an NBA record set by the 1985-86 Boston Celtics. I don't think people realize it, but this Cavs team is flirting with history.

5. I don't understand why the NFL thinks the Bears-Packers rivalry is worthy of being the NBC Sunday opener. Salsa, you lived in Chicago- I think it's an overrated rivalry. What did you think of that rivalry when you lived there?

I'm a man of tradition. I don't mind this matchup.

7. I'm going to a baseball game this Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside against Northern Kentucky university. I've seen these teams play before, and one thing I learned- women from Cincinnati are H-O-T! (Sat with them during a doubleheader- any Bengal fans know about this?)

Most people don't realize it, but Ohio is really a hot-bed for hot-broads! Halle Berry, Carmella DeCesare, Carmen Electra, Heather Kosar, Katie Holmes, Angie Everhart, Anne Heche, Sarah Jessica Parker, Catalina Cruz, Raven Riley, Traci Lords.... all from Ohio!

8. In the last few years, NBA #8 seeds have shown a lot of heart and effort (Warriors, Hawks.) Are there any teams capable of doing so this year or will we return to the old days of lopsided sweeps?

I would say if Detroit ends up at #8, they get healthy and keep AI comming off the bench, they will cause trouble once the playoffs begin.

10. On Friday, the Cavs host Minnesota at the Q. Can you say MISMATCH? We have the L Train going up against a toy train! (No Al Jefferson = no chance of the game being remotely competitive) Minnesota should just wave the white flag and forfeit- it's better than getting embarassed and seeing your asses get handed to you by LBJ on SportsCenter.

The last time the Cavs and T-Wolves played it was in Minny. The game was so lopsided and LeBron put on such a spectacular performance, the Minnesotta crowd gave him a standing ovation when he came out of the game. I've never seen a crowd cheer so heavily for the opponent in my life.

A battered deep fried Snickers bar.

13. I am not ready to believe that Blake Griffin is ready to go pro. He's a sophomore- I know he'd want to win a title, and his window of opportunity will be wide open. Since when was winning NCAA titles secondary for basketball players who want to leave right away?

There's always a decision to be weighed as to when is the appropriate time to go pro. Players have to weight their professional stock value against other things such as injury potential and exposing a weakness that wasn't seen prior if they stay in College another year.

14. What's the scariest movie you have ever seen? For me, anything with a killer bear or alligator petrifies me.

Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

9. I was watching 'Dancing With the Stars' and there's a guy on there named Steve Wozniak. Paul, are you related to him?

No, and you shouldn't be watching "Dancing with the stars". Turn in your man-card.:D

Most people don't realize it, but Ohio is really a hot-bed for hot-broads! Halle Berry, Carmella DeCesare, Carmen Electra, Heather Kosar, Katie Holmes, Angie Everhart, Anne Heche, Sarah Jessica Parker, Catalina Cruz, Raven Riley, Traci Lords.... all from Ohio! [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Who CARES if they WERE born there....how many have STAYED THERE??!! THAT is the question.....and the answer.....? LMAO!! ;)

Sunday opener5. I don't understand why the NFL thinks the Bears-Packers rivalry is worthy of being the NBC . Salsa, you lived in Chicago- I think it's an overrated rivalry. What did you think of that rivalry when you lived there?

How long have you lived in Wisconsin, and you still don't get this?

9. I was watching 'Dancing With the Stars' and there's a guy on there named Steve Wozniak. Paul, are you related to him?

No, and you shouldn't be watching "Dancing with the stars". Turn in your man-card.:D

Would not be a horrible thing to be related in some way to him, he kind of co-founded Apple:)

As Salsa said, she is busy arguing with her new boyfriend...leave her alone!!!...:eek:

I have Pitt losing to Louisville in the final game...hopefully your "feeling" is heartburn!!!...;)

3. I already have voiced my opinion on the Raiders playing on Thanksgiving. Salsa, you're Mr. Raiders fan on here- what do you think of that?
Unlike some other people on this board, my name isn't Salsa, so I won't answer this!!!...:rolleyes:

So what is your point besides pointing out the obvious???...:confused:

The NBC Sunday opener is only as worthy as some people want to make of it...as for myself, as long as it looks like it may be a competetive game, and this one does, great!!!...:up

6. I also don't understand why the Raiders also got the second MNF game in week 1- last year, Denver blew them out. Why does the NFL think the Raiders are worthy of primetime? It's not 1976 anymore!
Again, this is the second game of a MNF doubleheader...as long as it will be a competitive game...does it really matter who is playing in it???...

For starters, as the name implies, Northern Kentucky University is in KENTUCKY, not OHIO, so what does the list of hot babes from Ohio have to do with anything, Mr. Uber Homer...;) BTW, my wife is a graduate of the NKU nursing school, and she thanks you for the compliment, even tho she was born and raised in Kentucky as well!!!...:cool: And on another note, the NKU public radio station plays some great accoustic/folk and rock music...if you are a fan of such, check out WNKU.org...it'a a great listen!!!...:D

I'm just hoping the Pacers can get it together and manage to make the playoffs this year!!!...The way they have beaten just about every division leader this year has got me a little pumped, but they are still way to inconsistent to be much of a threat...:(

You really don't get out much, do you???...:tux:

babble...babble...babble....who cares???...;)

11. This CollegeInsider.com tournament is embarassing. Can you imagine a school's fans saying, "We're #113! We're #113!"
Actually it would be We're # 113 with a little more money that #114!!!...:p

None of your business!!!...:hungry:

Again, is this really any concern of yours...unless you are his father...it is not your decision!!!...:rolleyes:

Somehow, this does not surprise me!!!...;)

I have never understood why someone would want to buy someone else's crap they don't want anymore!!!...:eek:

valeriebertinelli.jpg

Whoo hoo!!!...:clap

Pitt's biggest hurdle is keeping those 2 big chubby guys out of foul trouble and to make sure they're not winded coming down the stretch.

Ummm...those two "chubby" guys made it father than Ohio State and Cleveland state.

Not everyone.
;):D

Nova is tough.

Because they have more history than most teams.

9. I was watching 'Dancing With the Stars' and there's a guy on there named Steve Wozniak. Paul, are you related to him?:D

You watch American Idol too?:rolleyes:

I love a good Capicola and cheese with egg from primanti brothers.:hungry:

Primanti Brothers Restaurant - Pittsburgh's Most Famous Sandwiches

4sy7o2.jpg

He's gone.

The Wizard of Oz.

A yard.:D

I use to watch One Day at a Time to just see her.

valeriebertinelli.jpg

:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts