Get out your wallet. ST in HD now $318.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.
rad said:
Well after seeing this news I called to cancel NFL-ST for 2005 and was told that I don't have it now. That's strange since I had it for 2004 and it was supposed to automatically renew. Guess I'll have to watch the bills to make sure that it's cancelled.
------------------
Make SURE that when D* starts putting the channel up for ordering, that it
does not say "you are authorized for this program", if it does, then you are
up for "auto" renewal, and need to call them again BEFORE the season begins
(refunds not available once season starts!)

Ncc1701 said:
Judging from the backlash on this board, I'd say it just a matter of time before D* realizes their mistake. They're gonna see the low ratio of ST/HD subs vs. superfan subs and reverse their decision.
Right .... and I am sure I'll hit those quads the next time I have pocket nines against kings too. Don't hold you breath, this passed signoff with marketing and retention long before we saw it. The more I think about it the ONLY reason I a ticked off is because it was free last year. $100 is not really that much given the interactive services that are bundled with it, even if those services do not work on the legacy equipment.

I do feel they should have offered a "renewal" bundle for $50, this year, just to ease the pain.

I am the last person I know that can bitch about this too, becuase D* has spotted me so many credits in the last 10 months that I have barely paid for service ... i reckon it is my turn to fork over some of the dough.

:eek: Holy Crap! They got me. Eagles fan in Columbus so yes, I will pony up for it. Will have to make sure the wife doesn't know about the extra $99 though.

I found myself only watching the Colts games local and the 2nd game I switched around all the games which was nice but I coulda lived watching just the later game and catchin highlights...

Its not worth that much money imo.

This kinda makes me wonder how much our HD pack might go up once these new sats are up and running and mpeg 4 comes around. I mean Free box swap outs, New Sats, Hopefully a lot more HD channels, I am guessing the $10.99 ain't gonna cut it.

gene1138 said:
I agree Longhorn this is absurd. Sunday Ticket is the main reason I've been sticking with D*. This might push me over to just cancel everything and move back to cable. I was starting to get excited about all the new things that D* would be doing this year but this extra fee just for HD is just crazy! Decisions, decisions.

I agree with what gene1130 Johnson said about agreeing with Longhorn Johnson.

I was going to just out of curiosity, but since I get all the Cowboys games here, I believe I'll pass and spend the extra money on chips and barbeque.

"I believe I'll pass and spend the extra money on chips and barbeque."

or might i suggest barbeque chips...

how about i stick with my OTA for the hd games, wont get them all but i have two citys covered and they both show different games most of the time!
FREE FREE FREE !!!!

Hmmmmm....

This is going to make me think long and hard about a switch back to digital cable. The only reason I stick with Directv is the Ticket.

I'm getting damn sick of Bikini Destinatiosn reruns as well.

I want my HD and I want it now...

Was this the exciting HD news Directv had planned for us????

June's "announcement" had better be big, or I'll be enjoying my HD (plus locals at no charge and HD DVR) through Comcast in July.

That was knee jerk:

On second thought, providing the interactive features actually work with my equipment, I'll grudgingly stick around.

Tonedeaf said:
On what basis?? They are charging more for a service that some people will pay for and some people won't.

DirecTV is the only provider offering it and it now seems that this isn't good for customers in general.

I still think this is an anti-trust issue that will never get sorted out until we get different people inside the FCC. And yes Bush is sold out to these people and he in my mind is a dumb figure head just like Arnald is to Cali. I have to deal with these people everyday including Clinton and all three Bush's and I'm telling you there is a very big difference between Clinton and the Bush family. To be honest this country would be very different today with Bush Sr. in office instead of his son.

Screw DirecTV....I ain't going to pay it...the question is, if it's in HD on my local (i'm in NYC DMA getting all 4 networks from NYC), will I STILL get the cbs and/or fox game?

D* has always said that they basically loose money on ST because they gain subs in the end. Well they are going to loose this one. ;) This is really got me steamed. Its a 56% increase over last year. This is really taking advantage of people that have nowhere else to go to view this service. I don't even pay for all of it. I usually split it with 3 other guys but I can't pay this on principle. 2010 can't come soon enough. Errrrr. :mad:

I've been talking with everyone I know all afternoon and I may have a law firm that might do me a favor. They might file an anti-trust case with the NY supreme courts and bypass the FCC based on the grounds that many New Yorkers aren't able to install a dish thus resulting in their inability to get the NFL Sunday Ticket package when a cable provider has the means to offer this package. We can't really do anything about pricing but if a customer is willing and able to pay for the NFL Sunday Ticket package but is denied that because a company who has exclusive rights isn't available to that customer when another provider is available to them. It would be considered the samething if Comcast got an exclusive deal for NFL Sunday Ticket. That deal would be anti-trust because not all americans have access to receive Comcast service and that customer should have the option to receive it. Its a form of cherry picking.

I'll have to wait and see how this all pans out.

Also all of the above has only todo with the fact that all americans should have access to this package and the courts don't care about how can afford it and who would buy it because it only matters to the courts if a customer can get access to it. Right now this law firm thinks that over 5 million New Yorkers cannot get access to DirecTV services and satellites while they all have access to a major cable provider which include Time Warner Cable as one of the majors covering the area.

I like I stated before....if they are willing to jack ya THIS much for the ST.....imagine what will happen when the so-called big announcement comes in June...wondering JUST how much THAT rape job will be...you know, my little Adelphia with my FREE HD DVR is looking better and better all the time....

I agree this ST thing stinks. I can see the angles current subscribers are looking at, but step into my arena for a moment. I am not a current D* customer, E* for HD's and cable for SD's, and I am now NOT willing to pay into Total Choice just so I can qualify to get ST. D* must have negotiated a contract with the NFL that really rakes in the money from the NFL fan. Now that D* has ST til 2010, or something of that sort, I don't think there will be any entusiastic nfl fans flocking to D* like years of past. Especially not me.

CWS_kahuna said:
This kinda makes me wonder how much our HD pack might go up once these new sats are up and running and mpeg 4 comes around. I mean Free box swap outs, New Sats, Hopefully a lot more HD channels, I am guessing the $10.99 ain't gonna cut it.
That's just what I was wondering....how much will the new HD be once it comes on board. If you have the money for the extra HD games then go for it. I have a three kids and a wife and huige bills like everyone else. I just cant justify the pricetag for the Sunday ticket this year...with or without HD added. I'm out.

HD pack is not an issue as far as price hikes because they have competition in that dept.

The ST is another story... no competition = any price they like.

I only signed up with D* last year for the ST. Got stuck with the 1 year comm. I will be gone this year if I have to pay the extra for HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts