Get out your wallet. ST in HD now $318.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I thnk I figured out why we all have the price increase....... its to pay for the VOOM rebate.......

fkostyn said:
I thnk I figured out why we all have the price increase....... its to pay for the VOOM rebate.......

I guess that 100 dollar increase of a good 25 thousand customers would take care of the less than 2,000 people who sent in voom rebates and that is being very very very very high on the amount of Voom rebates being sent in.

If you want the truth I have no idea what the hell D* was thinking when they made this move. I will say this much they are smoking some wild shiiiittttt to have the balls to make a move like this.

I still say to myself on a daily basis the exact quote "what in the world are they thinking" and I try to figure it out and just can't. I swear one board member was making a bet with the other saying you don't have the balls to do something like this. Could you see that cock fight in that room and this is the result of it.

I believe it.... I myself have had D* for 6 years now, ST for all 6 years.... I also work for a D* retailer (which means I can talk the customers shopping for D* right into HD cable thats also availible). I have done all but canceled my D* subscription - only pending what happens with the possibility of new national channels, and the new satellites. I will wait till september / october to see what happens. More BS - I'm switching back to !@$ cable, all of the BS crap that they are starting to add (reality TV 24/7, active content, etc) is taking up plenty of bandwith, lets see more PREMIUM content, TNT HD, ETC. All of which has been "rumored" to be comming for 6/8 months now.

Cya D* St

D* just lost my $200+....I canned ST, lady didn't even ask why...went a minute later and sure enough, it was gone. CYA ST, won't miss ya. Most of the time the game I wanted to watch was on Fox or CBS in HD anyway. Great way to screw us HD folk.

I like Pro football, but I am not stupid enough to pay $120 more than last year, for the same service.

I think the FCC should step into this issue. They are the ones that are pushing for the conversion of all TV signals to digital and HD. How can they let D* get away with such a big increase, at a time when the push is on to convert to HD.

I paid bug bucks for a HDTV, $300 each for 2 D* HD receivers, now they want to increase the ST package $120 over last year. What will happen when they get their claimed 1500 locals up and running in HD. Are we going to get a big increase on locals?

I canceled my ST, canceled my locals and put an antenna in my attic. That way I will have my local games in HD. After I installed it I noticed that I get 27 locals in digital or HD format, plus their analog signals. All the analog stations that D* offers, plus many more.

My ST has been canceled and I sure hope that they come up with an agreement for hockey for next season. I kept my Center Ice Package. I hope HDNet has the HD games again, if hockey starts up.

Scott Greczkowski said:
For those who canceled make sure you have filled out the petition. We could use all the help we can get. :)

Thanks

Do you (or anyone else) know if all of our noise is making any difference? Is anyone at D* listening?

Listening? Sure, D*'s listening. Are they going to do anything about it? Doubtful. They finally told us that "offering the HD NFL feeds for free would be too expensive" Basically, they looked at the number of HD subscribers last year versus this year, and the increase was so great that they couldn't (or wouldn't) provide the HD for free. The current number of signatures on the petition is just a blip in the long run. I'd be really surprised if D* dropped the $99 charge. Even if 2,000 people cancelled ST, it wouldn't affect D*'s bottom line at all. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not like it was expected for D* to cave into pressure.

I just got my D* bill and looked at their monthly flyer (July). It has a big ad for ST. No where in the ad does it say anything about an additional $99.00 for the HD games but the TV screen in the ad is a (16x9) HD screen not a (4x3) SD screen picture that you will get with their advertised price of 4 payments of $54.75.

I would hate to be working on their customer service phones on opening day. Many of us know about the additional $99.00 charge for the HD signal, but I wonder how many people will purchase ST, expecting it to include the HD broadcast, then on opening day find out they have to pay the extra money to get the HD broadcasts.

Ok, food for thought. If I own a bar with a capacity of 200, and subscribe to ST for my business. It cost me $2199, for the season. I subscribe to it for my home TV and it cost me $219. The business cost me about 10 times the price of my home service.

Now I add the HD package to each of them. It cost me $199 for my business and $99.00 for my home service. That is ONLY a 2 times increase.

Now the question, why is the difference 10 times more on the base ST package and only 2 times more on the HD package? Could it be that maybe the home user should be paying $19 instead of $99, that would be a 10 times increase in both packages.

Does anybody know the actual address to the NFL commissioner, to send letters of complaint? I feel like they need to be held accountable too in this mess, not just D*. If Tagliabue had not allowed this damn monopoly, we wouldn't be here right now.

Folks, FYI...canned D* Sunday Ticket, my exact email was:

"I just cancelled my 2005 Sunday Ticket...to charge an extra $100 on top of the $200+ for HD is outrageous. Do you realize how much $318 is to the average joe? Good luck with your idea."

Their response:

Thanks for asking us about NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan, our new optional NFL premium service. I understand your concerns about its $99.00 price, especially since we were able to provide some HD games last year as a free bonus to NFL subscribers with HD equipment.

High definition programming is some of the most expensive that we carry due to what we pay to distribute it and the bandwidth we use to deliver it. This is why we can no longer offer these HD games for free and have created this new package. NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan not only delivers more than 100 high definition NFL games, it also delivers the most innovative television experience NFL SUNDAY TICKET has to offer though these three new features:

• NFL SUNDAY TICKET Red Zone Channel - The best plays from games in action, all on one channel.
• NFL SUNDAY TICKET Game Mix - Watch up to 8 games at once on a single TV screen.
• NFL SUNDAY TICKET Short Cuts - Commercial-free games showing every play in 30 minutes or less on Channels 701-704.

Visit our web site at http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/NFLSundayTicket/SuperFan/ for more information on NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan including blackout rules and programming requirements.

Thanks again for writing and we look forward to continuing to bring you the latest innovations in television and sports entertainment.

Sincerely,

Matthew
DIRECTV Customer Service

CYA Sunday Ticket...won't really miss ya

ocnier said:
Does anybody know the actual address to the NFL commissioner, to send letters of complaint? I feel like they need to be held accountable too in this mess, not just D*. If Tagliabue had not allowed this damn monopoly, we wouldn't be here right now.

The mailing address for Paul Tagliabue is:

Paul Tagliabue / National Football League
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017

I just cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket and saved myself $300+! Now I can go to my local sports bar and watch the games and for the same price get a couple beers a lunch for the same price.....Might actually meet interesting people too! :)
The CSR told me that Directv CSR's are getting overloaded with complaints. He said they didn't make the price change, but DTV corporate is listening. I told him DTV is the only one with power to talk to the NFL...I also told him the internet(s) are powerful. I told him to just wait until more people realize whats going on.....its going to be a firestorm! I would say the people that have figured this HD increase out are not your average DTV sub. They are probably more bleeding edge and/or people who read fine print.

I registerded on nohdtax.com !

hell no, I've been a ST purchaser for the last 5 years. And to me this is a big smack in the face.

I cancelled ST all-together, and dropped their shiddy HD programming package as also. The only reason I bought a HD box is because I wanted ST in HD, You would think only getting 4 or 5 channels in HD was rediculous, but now not only did I have that package just because I figured If I had Sunday Ticket I needed the package to ge the games in HD. Their is going to be alot of PO'ed people

They just lost 10.99 for the HD package a month from me and my 199.99 for the Sunday ticket.

a full Year that turns out to be

331.87 without tax.

Not only that but since I bought a HD box I have to be with them for 6 more months, because of recommitment for the HD box. After the 6 months I am dropping them totally. I've been a great customer with them for 5 years and they are now trying to ase rape me.

Add on another 75 a month and they are losing.

1231.87 a year without taxes. F Directv, they have lost a good customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)