Getting a 722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dwebs262

Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I called customer service the other day because I am starting to have problems with my TV1 remote...its just worn out, and a couple of the buttons you have to push real hard to get them to work...we went through the troubleshooting...[its not the batteries:)] and she told me I am out of warranty and would have to pay the 19 + S/H for a new remote, I asked her if upgrading to the 722k, [I have a 722], would be cheaper. She checked and told me I am eligible for an upgrade for $1 if I extend for 2 years...ok, no problem...she said they need to change my dish so a tech has to come out, but they can't promise what DVR I would get. I guess its not a huge deal other than if I am upgrading I want the newest receiver.

A couple of years ago I had problems with my 622 rebooting all the time, they ended up sending me 4 receivers in 5 months, and a CSR that treated me like I was scamming them "you will not be getting any more DVR's from us today sir". Anyway an email to CEO@echostar.com or whatever it was got my problem solved, and a free upgrade to my current 722, which has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years. I understand that DISH has no idea what my local installer has in stock, which would explain the caveat "I can't promise what DVR you get" but is there a way to make sure my new DVR is the 722K and nothing else?:confused:

I would just buy a NEW remote on e bay, since yur current 722 is very reliable.

All you would gain is recording a extra OTA feed.

E is happy to give out new equiptement since it ties you into a contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts