Getting a 75e in the US / using 75e LNB?

satsarecool

Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Hey all,

I have two questions, and would like your advice/suggestions:

1. Anyone know of, or have any 75e quad's in the US they're looking to sell? I need at least one, but would be interested in buying 3 or 4.

I am not interested in using a broker and the shipping from Canada is a killer.

2. What are my chances of using the 75e QuadLNB on some other kind of dish? I happen to have a spare.

The prime candidates I've identified are:

- DirectTV World (36x24" dish, elliptical) ; I think the *C is 36x26.
- DirecWay elliptical (.74m)

But, what about something like this: http://impaktproducts.com/FORTEC-STAR-90cm-~-36-KU-Band-Offset-Dish-Antenna-1-Lot-p-16463.html

Also, I know the Primestar dishes are the same size/curve as the 75e, but I don't think they have a spot in the rear for the adjustable-skew type az/el mount.

Thanks!

Last edited:
1. Anyone know of, or have any 75e quad's in the US they're looking to sell? I need at least one, but would be interested in buying 3 or 4.

I am not interested in using a broker and the shipping from Canada is a killer.
good luck. I cant even find ONE for my 75e

2. What are my chances of using the 75e QuadLNB on some other kind of dish? I happen to have a spare.
the 75e LNB is designed for the 75e dish and thats about it.

Also, I know the Primestar dishes are the same size/curve as the 75e, but I don't think they have a spot in the rear for the adjustable-skew type az/el mount.

Thanks!

Primestars dont have skew on them and there are 3 sizes
1.2m round
40x30 (84e)
37x27 (75e)

I have 3 of the 84e's one of which is used on AnikF1 (dont have a HD box so F2 isnt neeeed)

75e

good luck. I cant even find ONE for my 75e

Did you mean the dish or the LNB? I'm just talking about a 75e dish (or compatible) that has a skew adjustment.

If I want to use separate dishes (each with an LNB) to pickup the signals, what's the smallest oval type dish I can use? I have some old Dish500's that I think are 18" oval.

My understanding is Ku band needs more gain/bigger dish compared to DBS...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)