Getting a 75e in the US / using 75e LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

satsarecool

Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Hey all,

I have two questions, and would like your advice/suggestions:

1. Anyone know of, or have any 75e quad's in the US they're looking to sell? I need at least one, but would be interested in buying 3 or 4.

I am not interested in using a broker and the shipping from Canada is a killer.

2. What are my chances of using the 75e QuadLNB on some other kind of dish? I happen to have a spare.

The prime candidates I've identified are:

- DirectTV World (36x24" dish, elliptical) ; I think the *C is 36x26.
- DirecWay elliptical (.74m)

But, what about something like this: http://impaktproducts.com/FORTEC-STAR-90cm-~-36-KU-Band-Offset-Dish-Antenna-1-Lot-p-16463.html

Also, I know the Primestar dishes are the same size/curve as the 75e, but I don't think they have a spot in the rear for the adjustable-skew type az/el mount.

Thanks!

Last edited:
1. Anyone know of, or have any 75e quad's in the US they're looking to sell? I need at least one, but would be interested in buying 3 or 4.

I am not interested in using a broker and the shipping from Canada is a killer.
good luck. I cant even find ONE for my 75e

2. What are my chances of using the 75e QuadLNB on some other kind of dish? I happen to have a spare.
the 75e LNB is designed for the 75e dish and thats about it.

Also, I know the Primestar dishes are the same size/curve as the 75e, but I don't think they have a spot in the rear for the adjustable-skew type az/el mount.

Thanks!

Primestars dont have skew on them and there are 3 sizes
1.2m round
40x30 (84e)
37x27 (75e)

I have 3 of the 84e's one of which is used on AnikF1 (dont have a HD box so F2 isnt neeeed)

75e

good luck. I cant even find ONE for my 75e

Did you mean the dish or the LNB? I'm just talking about a 75e dish (or compatible) that has a skew adjustment.

If I want to use separate dishes (each with an LNB) to pickup the signals, what's the smallest oval type dish I can use? I have some old Dish500's that I think are 18" oval.

My understanding is Ku band needs more gain/bigger dish compared to DBS...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)