Getting a DreamLink T4 FTA Receiver setup to work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lmitchellsr1958

Original poster
Mar 1, 2020
Baltimore MD USA
03/01/2020 - Hello folks. I have a used DreamLink T4 FTA satellite receiver that came with the remote control, the user manual & the power supply. It powers up, can toggle through the various modes such as INSTALLATION, CONFIGURATION, CHANNEL LIST & UTILITIES. Looks like the previous owner may have set this receiver up to work on Ku-Band channels & the users manual doesn't explain how to setup this receiver & get it working correctly. I have a DIRECTV 18-inch dish with a dual LNB but am only using one of it's outputs, so do I need to put a 75-ohm terminator on the unused F-connector terminal ? The LNB's label shows COMPATIBLE WITH DIRECTV MULTI-SATELLITE & DIRECTV DISH ANTENNAS, 12.2 - 12.7 GHz, 18LNBR1-01, SERIAL #XEL2B1104B3908. The receiver shows the following label data which I guess is its serial number, TGX1ACG00386. The INSTALLATION menu shows from top to bottom SATELLITE, LNB POWER, LNB TYPE, LNB FREQUENCY, LNB 22KHz, DiSEqC SW 1.0, DiSEqC SW 1.1 & Legacy SW. There's a dual bargraph at the bottom of this list labeled S on the top bargraph & Q on the bottom bargraph with each showing a constantly changing rate of 86 - 97%. Does the dish antenna absolutely have to be placed in an outside location or can it be setup inside of my home in order to pickup a signal ? I do have a SATELLITE FINDER meter. Can someone help me to get this unit working & does anyone have a setup/operations manual for this unit ?

lmitchellsr1958 (KC6UZF)
Baltimore MD USA

:welcome to SatelliteGuys @Imitchellsr1958!
I will tell you a couple of things. One that dish is too small for FTA and two you will need a different LNBF. That LNBF is not compatible with FTA.

03/08/2020 - Thank you for responding. So what size dish do I need at the very minimum, does the dish antenna absolutely have to be mounted outside & if not, what type of antenna can be used indoors to pickup FTA signals & what type of LNBF do I need to use ?

03/08/2020 - Thank you for responding. So what size dish do I need at the very minimum, does the dish antenna absolutely have to be mounted outside & if not, what type of antenna can be used indoors to pickup FTA signals & what type of LNBF do I need to use ?
Indoors is not a good idea as signals do not travel through walls and will be heavily reduced through glass. Here is a high quality dish with lnbf that many members use here. :)

36 Inch 90 cm Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish & HD LNBF | eBay

:welcome to SatelliteGuys @Imitchellsr1958!
I will tell you a couple of things. One that dish is too small for FTA and two you will need a different LNBF. That LNBF is not compatible with FTA.
03/08/2020 - So based on this info below in red color text that was posted in ref to my initial email request for help, how do I interpret that data in plain English as I forgot to mention in my initial email that I am new to the home satellite communications world. - Amiko A5-Combo, Edision Mio and Mini HD265 -----10' Channel Master mesh for C-band only with Titanium C1-PLL > 55.5W to 131W, Titanium ASC-1 Controller. GEOSATpro 90cm and Titanium Satellite PLL-1KS on Stab HH-90 motor, GEOSATpro 1.2M and Maverick MK1-PLL fixed at 125W.

Logan (lmitchellsr1958/KC6UZF)
Baltimore MD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts