Getting a Free H3 OTA Tuner/Antenna for TEGNA Dispute

medvyed

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 27, 2007
Acworth, GA
I live in the Atlanta area. As a result of the Dish/TEGNA dispute, I've lost access to my NBC station.

In spite of my best efforts, I’ve not been able to get Dish to give me a H3 tuner & antenna at no charge. They want me to pay for equipment.

What do I have to say to convince Dish to offer the equipment for no charge?

They will only offer the OTA kit if you are in an eligible zip code (with an eligible zip being one close enough to the broadcast towers to reasonably get signal). Doing a quick google search it seams Acworth is right on the edge of what an indoor antenna could accomplish with the Atlanta towers. When it comes to sending out or installing free OTA setups (I have verified this with a Dish technician) they have to be able to guarantee that you will receive at least the big four (ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX) or they will not provide an antenna or tuner.
An outdoor antenna should work for you, so maybe inquiring about having one of those installed for free? I have been offered to have one installed by a tech in a past dispute (Nexstar last year), and I live 40 miles SW of where the Locals for my DMA get broadcasted from (Houston TX). Ended up installing it myself because I wanted everything in one wire (it apparently needs a separate coax run if you are on a Hopper system unless you engineer something together with BPF's, wont get into that) but it is something they offer.

You should have no problem picking up ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox with any OTA Antenna
Screenshot 2021-11-21 140203.jpg

I live in the Atlanta area. As a result of the Dish/TEGNA dispute, I've lost access to my NBC station.

In spite of my best efforts, I’ve not been able to get Dish to give me a H3 tuner & antenna at no charge. They want me to pay for equipment.

What do I have to say to convince Dish to offer the equipment for no charge?
Just called today would not give free kit in northwest ohio 40 miles from toledo. They did offer a $40 credit on bill so I could buy the tuner myself. Did not have to buy it from them so ordered the airtv from sling for $30.

Just called today would not give free kit in northwest ohio 40 miles from toledo. They did offer a $40 credit on bill so I could buy the tuner myself. Did not have to buy it from them so ordered the airtv from sling for $30.
Of course the tuner is going to need to be attached to an antenna. At 40 miles that will probably need to be an outdoor one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)