Wireless Joey will not reconnect to internet after power failure

brownover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
north carolina
Electrical power went away briefly a couple of nights ago and now wireless joey says no internet connection, but shows green signal strength. I have reset network, rebooted joey, rebooted router and reset network on hopper 3. The hopper is connected to internet. What is next, reboot hopper?

Are normal Dish functions (Linear TV, DVR/Guide access, etc.) still working? Also, have you restarted the access point? It’s a small modem-looking box that should be connected to your Hopper with a green/orange/blue light on it, it’s what provides a WiFi signal to your Joeys.

Are normal Dish functions (Linear TV, DVR/Guide access, etc.) still working? Also, have you restarted the access point? It’s a small modem-looking box that should be connected to your Hopper with a green/orange/blue light on it, it’s what provides a WiFi signal to your Joeys.
All functions are normal. I am at work but did think of the access point. Thanks for reminding me. Hoping it has fixed itself by the time I get home. Sometimes these technological problems will, as I am sure you know, will go away.

Reactions: ethanlerma
After 3 phone sessions with dish, a technician was dispatched. He installed a new joey, but same result. So not resolved. After experimenting with it before tech came, I was able to determine that I was connected to the internet and the only thing that would not work is voice commands. In addition, on the screen it says "not connected to router", yet i have very adequate signal strength. Weird. Tech stated maybe it was hopper 3, but i said leave it alone since I know that it is connected in spite of what the joey shows on the internet setup. He stated that the next software update may fix it so we left it at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)