Coolsat Getting Back Into FTA

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Port Angeles, Washington
im getting back into FTA after years of living in California. I’m now living in Port Angeles, Washington. When I was really into FTA, I was using a Coolsat 5000 receiver. Is that still a viable receiver to use? I’m going to use a DirecTV dish but need to get a new LNB, dish mover, etc. where is the best place to get FTA supplies now? Thanks!

hypermegasat.com

Very reliable and fast shipping!

ebay is still a good place

Ricks Satellite USA

55$ + shipping for a 30” dish

If you are not in a rush, aliexpress and wish have very affordable stuff but it takes a while to get here.

Still lots of good stuff on ku and c band.

The coolsat receiver is outdated.

You will still be able to get most pf g19 @ 97w.

Reactions: sidekick
im getting back into FTA after years of living in California. I’m now living in Port Angeles, Washington. When I was really into FTA, I was using a Coolsat 5000 receiver. Is that still a viable receiver to use? I’m going to use a DirecTV dish but need to get a new LNB, dish mover, etc. where is the best place to get FTA supplies now? Thanks!
for a receiver, the Amiko mini HD 265 is probably one of the best receiver for the money
Store
for the sake of full disclosure, the reseller is a fellow forum member, and provides excellent support. Many of us have either that receiver or one of its predecessors like the mini HD re.

Hey sidekick, glad to see you getting back into FTA. I think it's only gotten better over the years. I second the nomination for an FTA source to fit your needs. KE4EST is an awesome dealer. There are some other good people out there as well but you won't find better. The Maverick MK1-PLL LNBF and LNB bracket he has will be easy and cheap for your DTV dish. And yes a new receiver will be a item to get real soon :)
Store

Reactions: sidekick and KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)