Getting close to baseball season

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jason a 10 for 6 a Billing agent aka BGI could of added that to retain EI sub. Like I said before every account is different if we have it we will offer what ever billing has available then xfer over to pst if cant save.

I dont think the ivr xfers to PST yet it still a billing xfer to them . But I call the ivr and check .

Didn't know the billing agents do that, but very well could have been. I was quite suprised not to be transfered a time or two.

I have been debating the MLB EI package for many years, as to get it or not.
I keep deciding not to eventually.
I already pay enough for the ST /SF and debate as to how much I would actually use the EI package.

I watch mainly the Tigers and I get the RSN for them as part of my package.
I also watch the Red Sox, but thats mainly if the Tigers are going gown the drain.

Sox would be my second team.

So my yearly debate continues .... some year I may try it.

Just paid D* for the year and probably could afford it if I decided it was being used.

Seeing I show a credit on my account I can be assured that I won't be getting any discounts (even though they have ALL my money for the year).
I wish the ST was only $ 200 :)

Yeah but discount on Sports ppv have some leeway.

No you want to talk about the people who are getting

Free HD access
Free DVR fees
Plus free monthly credits

those are the people who drag down the system.

Directv rolled out on new rules on credits.

Its all the same pot.

Yeah but discount on Sports ppv have some leeway.

No you want to talk about the people who are getting

Free HD access
Free DVR fees
Plus free monthly credits

those are the people who drag down the system.

Directv rolled out on new rules on credits.

Its all the same pot.

Not really .........

The NFL ST adds a WHOLE lot more to the package (overall) than anything else does.

I'm talking about the revenue/expense pot of DirecTV, not programing.
And a pot without limited inventory, so giving a deal to one person on a package only brings in revenue they would normally not have if they never gave the person the deal anyway.

And a pot without limited inventory, so giving a deal to one person on a package only brings in revenue they would normally not have if they never gave the person the deal anyway.

Thank you. Somehow the other guys posts are rubbing the wrong way on about 99% of readers.

I called and said I was debating between mlb.tv or directv she didn't budge on price.

mlb.tv has good deal now but I hated hooking up my laptop to my pc however the choice between home or away is AWSOME

I have been debating the MLB EI package for many years, as to get it or not.
I keep deciding not to eventually.
I already pay enough for the ST /SF and debate as to how much I would actually use the EI package.

I watch mainly the Tigers and I get the RSN for them as part of my package.
I also watch the Red Sox, but thats mainly if the Tigers are going gown the drain.

Sox would be my second team.

So my yearly debate continues .... some year I may try it.

Just paid D* for the year and probably could afford it if I decided it was being used.

Seeing I show a credit on my account I can be assured that I won't be getting any discounts (even though they have ALL my money for the year).
I wish the ST was only $ 200 :)

I hear you, tough call sometimes on these pro pkgs. For me, I get EI each year since I watch enough of it to justify the cost, same as ST. I save some $'s by passing each year on the NBA pkg and I also dropped the Gameplan pkg for the first time this past season. Those moves allow me to continue subs'ing to EI. Besides, I have to watch my 2nd team from LA :D Dodgers!

Now, to decide whether or not to try and call for an EI discount.... :) Until last year with ST/SF, I never called for any price breaks but my economical situation has changed since last year.

I called and said I was debating between mlb.tv or directv she didn't budge on price.

mlb.tv has good deal now but I hated hooking up my laptop to my pc however the choice between home or away is AWSOME
And here is the issue. Direct doesn't deal and you choose to go to MLBTV instead, Direct loses money it would have received from you. Money they could have used to offset some of the cost of EI. In a sense, a deal for some subs actually saves us other subs money in the long run.

I hear you, tough call sometimes on these pro pkgs. For me, I get EI each year since I watch enough of it to justify the cost, same as ST. I save some $'s by passing each year on the NBA pkg and I also dropped the Gameplan pkg for the first time this past season. Those moves allow me to continue subs'ing to EI. Besides, I have to watch my 2nd team from LA :D Dodgers!

Now, to decide whether or not to try and call for an EI discount.... :) Until last year with ST/SF, I never called for any price breaks but my economical situation has changed since last year.
You mean the only team from LA. :D

You mean the only team from LA. :D

Yep :) I sure didn't mean the Angels (arch-rivals of my Rangers) :rant:

Been to several Dodgers games during trips to LA. All good times. Love Vin on the Tkt. They're the only west coast team that I like in BB.

I get EI and ST but I'm reaching a point where ST may not be worth it for me despite the fact I live in an area with two pretty mediocre (well one mediocre and one AWFUL) teams and all I'd get was Raiders and 49ers games every week. $319 or so is a lot. I'm keeping EI and not even going to try for a discount again. I tried on Saturday and got nowhere as my post above says.

Oh and living in the Bay Area...boo to the Dodgers!! ;)

I called today and canceled my MLBEI. The rep was shocked to hear something like MLB.TV existed. When i explained he said wow, yeah that is a better deal. Since I received NFLST at a reduced rate last your I am not surprised or disappointed. I can also dump the sports pack and save more money.

Right now I am still on the fence about NFLST.

I called today and canceled my MLBEI. The rep was shocked to hear something like MLB.TV existed. When i explained he said wow, yeah that is a better deal. Since I received NFLST at a reduced rate last your I am not surprised or disappointed. I can also dump the sports pack and save more money.

Right now I am still on the fence about NFLST.
How dare you take money out of my pocket by canceling EI. Now Direct is going to collect less revenue for EI due to them losing you and they will have to recoup the cost on us paying subs. :p

If they were to give you a discount, at least they would be getting some money from you. Some is better than none.

If they were to give you a discount, at least they would be getting some money from you.

Thats faulty logic.

If they didn't hand out discounts like candy, they wouldn't have to recover that loss in the form of a price increase, a price increase that by the way that put him out of the package in the first place.

BTW. The Dodgers suck. ;)

Thats faulty logic.

If they didn't hand out discounts like candy, they wouldn't have to recover that loss in the form of a price increase, a price increase that by the way that put him out of the package in the first place.

It is not faulty logic at all. EI is not a fixed inventory. It is an unlimited supply. Therefor giving one person a discount on that item does not take away that item for someone else to purchase at a higher price. Direct will no lose money form this particular sub instead of getting some money.

Thats faulty logic.

EI is now what 199 per Jason

OK out of 199 dollars lets say the mlb gets 75 ( note this is not the real number but I know what is and not too far off )

199 - 75 = 124 in potential profit.

if Customer A knows he does not want to spend more then 140 bucks for EI and we give him a 60 dollar discount on EI which would make our profit

124 - 60 = 64

Now that still 64 dollars we did not have. would 124 be better yes but 64 is alot better then 0

So the logic is not faulty

How dare you take money out of my pocket by canceling EI. Now Direct is going to collect less revenue for EI due to them losing you and they will have to recoup the cost on us paying subs. :p

If they were to give you a discount, at least they would be getting some money from you. Some is better than none.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I ordered MLB Extra Innings last season,but only the last month of it(because I had it on Charter before I got D* last September). I want to reorder it this season,but the website says I'm already subscribed. I want staggered payments,do I need to call to insure that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts