Getting close to baseball season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I ordered MLB Extra Innings last season,but only the last month of it(because I had it on Charter before I got D* last September). I want to reorder it this season,but the website says I'm already subscribed. I want staggered payments,do I need to call to insure that?
When you sign up for any package you will always get it until you call and cancel it yourself. So, you will automatically be renewed for this season.

As far as your payment, it will be the same as last year's setup. Just call them to tell them that you would like to do the 4 or 3 installments.

When you sign up for any package you will always get it until you call and cancel it yourself. So, you will automatically be renewed for this season.

As far as your payment, it will be the same as last year's setup. Just call them to tell them that you would like to do the 4 or 3 installments.

Thanks,I already called them & set up payment of $31.00 for 6 months. That's fine with me.

EI is now what 199 per Jason

OK out of 199 dollars lets say the mlb gets 75 ( note this is not the real number but I know what is and not too far off )

199 - 75 = 124 in potential profit.

if Customer A knows he does not want to spend more then 140 bucks for EI and we give him a 60 dollar discount on EI which would make our profit

124 - 60 = 64

Now that still 64 dollars we did not have. would 124 be better yes but 64 is alot better then 0

So the logic is not faulty

Thank you for providing the perfect example of faulty logic. You're making the false assumption that cutting people a deal is what is gaining their patronage. If your product were properly priced, you wouldn't be wasting staff time cutting deals over the phone. People would just buy your product.

One only has to examine the multiple threads on who's getting what deal or who’s ticked off about what price increase to see the problem. It’s become a game and it’s really reached a point where DirecTV is essentially making a mockery of its customers and its really rather insulting to long term customers. If you're willing to haggle once a quarter, then you might get a deal or two. If you don't have time for that (or the stomach for it), then you get hosed. It’s a bunch of crap. My stupid contract commitment timeout from buying new equipment two years ago can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
Make sure that when you leave, you do not take any discounts or deals from you new provider because you will be taking money out of the pockets of other subs.

Thank you for providing the perfect example of faulty logic. You're making the false assumption that cutting people a deal is what is gaining their patronage. If your product were properly priced, you wouldn't be wasting staff time cutting deals over the phone. People would just buy your product.

One only has to examine the multiple threads on who's getting what deal or who’s ticked off about what price increase to see the problem. It’s become a game and it’s really reached a point where DirecTV is essentially making a mockery of its customers and its really rather insulting to long term customers. If you're willing to haggle once a quarter, then you might get a deal or two. If you don't have time for that (or the stomach for it), then you get hosed. It’s a bunch of crap. My stupid contract commitment timeout from buying new equipment two years ago can't come soon enough.

Trust me we say no alot. and that money we are turning away. Jason could as easly stayed with mlb.tv and we would of gotten 0

Make sure that when you leave, you do not take any discounts or deals from you new provider because you will be taking money out of the pockets of other subs.

I think I'll call the power company and see if I can shake out free Sundays, maybe free Saturdays from the water board. Better yet, I'll get in front of you at the grocery store and haggle the cashier for a price break on everything in the cart. I mean, every thing is a negotiation right?

I'm not leaving for a deal. The "deal" is not important to me. Jacked up prices as a result of my service provider making continual deals with others it what I have had it with.

Last edited:
I think I'll call the power company and see if I can shake out free Sundays, maybe free Saturdays from the water board. Better yet, I'll get in front of you at the grocery store and haggle the cashier for a price break on everything in the cart. I mean, every thing is a negotiation right?
Anytime a seller and a buyer are willing to negotiate and come to terms. The key thing is that the seller has to be willing to negotiate or make an offer. If your market does deal, then why not? In fact there are markets that deal. I go to farmers markets all of the time and negotiate prices for groceries.

I just negotiated the price for my new wireless n router at BB with the cashier and saved myself $20.

As far as utilities, they do have negotiable deals that they are willing to do. I have a summer savers deal with SoCal Edison. They take $50 off my summer bill for the three summer months ($150 total) with my permission for them to turn my AC off whenever needed (they have yet to do so).

I'm not leaving for a deal. The "deal" is not important to me. Jacked up prices as a result of my service provider making continual deals with others it what I have had it with.
You have evidence that these deals they make actually jack up prices? Interesting considering that most subs pay about the same with Direct as they would with other providers. This is especially true when you exclude subs that pay more because they are purchasing expensive sports packages not offered with other providers, or exclude those additional sports package fees they are paying. And it is also true when you factor in the fact that cable and Dish offer very cheap packages not available with Direct. IOW, if you look at the middle grade packages, which most people sub to, Direct is about the same.

Heck, I pay about 50 cents less with Direct than I would for Dish and I only have two HD DVRs.

Called DirecTV
When prompted:
"Cancel Extra Innings"
*TRANSFER*
Explained to CSR that mlb.tv = $120.00
$10.00 credit for 6 months
:)

The gripes about securing a "better price"........ Hey, whats wrong with shopping around?

I called up, with full knowledge that my EI renewal might indeed be canceled, and I would later have to sign up, at the regular season price.

At the prompt, I said the magic words, "cancel extra innings" and was quickly taken to the neither world at some D* department. The CSR first offered me $5.00 off, I said no thanks. He then offered me $10.00 for 6 months. Not wanting to take a chance on no further offers, I accepted.

Do you feel lucky, playing the CSR roulette? Perhaps it is based on your individual customer record with them, I don't know. I do know that I've paid them a pretty penny since my first installation in the early 90's, and I needed to save some $$ on this particular purchase.

The gripes about securing a "better price"........ Hey, whats wrong with shopping around?

I called up, with full knowledge that my EI renewal might indeed be canceled, and I would later have to sign up, at the regular season price.

At the prompt, I said the magic words, "cancel extra innings" and was quickly taken to the neither world at some D* department. The CSR first offered me $5.00 off, I said no thanks. He then offered me $10.00 for 6 months. Not wanting to take a chance on no further offers, I accepted.

Do you feel lucky, playing the CSR roulette? Perhaps it is based on your individual customer record with them, I don't know. I do know that I've paid them a pretty penny since my first installation in the early 90's, and I needed to save some $$ on this particular purchase.

ronsanjim
Welcome to the site
Look around, enjoy your stay !

I agree w/u but I like to try and save my CSR roulette for the yearly battle over ST and paying extra for the SF package. Hell it took me 45 mins. yesterday playing CSR roulette trying to get a replacement for my HR20 that I now have to re-boot every single time I turn it on. That was unbelievable what I had to go though to get that thing replaced, gezz !!!!!!!!!! way too much to type explaining that one. Be great if D* had some type of 2 for 1 offer. Where as if you subbed to two pro sports{ EI/ST/NBA/Center Ice}packages, you got a break in the cost and if you ordered 3 or more an even bigger discount. Of course that would never happen, but hey you never know …… :rolleyes:

Thanks Jason and everyone!

By taking a 10 minute phone call, I was able to get the same deal as Jason.

10 bucks off for six months, and 5 bucks off the sports package. :)

I called 1-800-531-5000, said "Cancel Extra Innings" at the prompt and got a very nice CSR.

Now I can watch my SF Giants in HD on the LED 55! :)

Thanks again!

SirChaos

I've been subscribing to EI for 4 years now and I have not called to try and get the price any cheaper than my normal renewal price. Am I ok with this? Sure. Do I get pissed that someone calls and negotiates a possible better price than me? Nope. Do I want to get screwed by paying more than the next man? Nope.

Once again, it's a free market and talking someone down on a price is what it's all about. Do you think I feel bad that I talked that lady on the beach in Cozumel down on the price of her jewelry for my wife thinking that the next person would have to pay for my discount? Nope and I don't care either........SO with all of that said am I still happy with EI knowing people on here have gotten a possible better price than me? Yep.

Skyboss, do you even subscribe to EI? If so, make the call and stop complaining. If not, then you have no room to gripe. Do you pay sticker for your cars when you buy them? Sounds like you do.

Called DirecTV
When prompted:
"Cancel Extra Innings"
*TRANSFER*
Explained to CSR that mlb.tv = $120.00
$10.00 credit for 6 months
:)

I also called D* and used the expression 'Cancel MLB Extra Innings' at the prompt, then was almost immediately talking to a CSR in the Idaho facility. I asked her what the total Early Renewal price was for MLBEI in 2010 and she confirmed it was $191.94. I replied that this was higher than last years renewal and she then offered me a $30 programming credit ($5/mo for 6 months) to make the package more reasonable. I accepted the offer. Mind you, I've already been receiving an additional $60 credit ($10/mo for 6 months beginning last December), and was also given the 'NCAA Mega March Madness 2010' package free simply for being a long time subscriber, so this was a good deal for my situation.

While YMMV on the amount of credit D* will give you, it's worth calling just to save a few dollars. :deal:

I also called D* and used the expression 'Cancel MLB Extra Innings' at the prompt, then was almost immediately talking to a CSR in the Idaho facility. I asked her what the total Early Renewal price was for MLBEI in 2010 and she confirmed it was $191.94. I replied that this was higher than last years renewal and she then offered me a $30 programming credit ($5/mo for 6 months) to make the package more reasonable. I accepted the offer. Mind you, I've already been receiving an additional $60 credit ($10/mo for 6 months beginning last December), and was also given the 'NCAA Mega March Madness 2010' package free simply for being a long time subscriber, so this was a good deal for my situation.

While YMMV on the amount of credit D* will give you, it's worth calling just to save a few dollars. :deal:

I did this a short time ago....said 'cancel extra innings' and then a real quick transfer to a CSR. I said I'd like to get it taken off for now (you're stuck with the subscription once the season starts....everyone gets a free preview except subs :mad:). Then I got offered $10 off the $31.99 X 6. So I got a third off. BTW, it was no negotiation strategy....I was really going to remove it were it not for the deal (I wanted to see how bad my Tigers we're gonna suck this year with the preview:confused:).

I did this a short time ago....said 'cancel extra innings' and then a real quick transfer to a CSR. I said I'd like to get it taken off for now (you're stuck with the subscription once the season starts....everyone gets a free preview except subs :mad:). Then I got offered $10 off the $31.99 X 6. So I got a third off. BTW, it was no negotiation strategy....I was really going to remove it were it not for the deal (I wanted to see how bad my Tigers we're gonna suck this year with the preview:confused:).

I think the Tigers will do fine this year.

I thought I read something here that ALL preseason games were free without signing up for MLB. So far I haven't found one free game. Every time I try to tune into a game, I get a message that this is a site that is not on my plan.

you need the sports package

I dont have the sports package but was able to see the Brewers game today. My normal RSN is FSN North but they also give me FSN WI which is part time on D*
pre-post games are able to see
games are blacked out

The A's aren't on much... what a surprise

Of course they have to show plenty of Yankees and Red Sox.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts