Getting close to baseball season

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So I just called to "cancel" EI saying that it was cheaper to watch it online with mlb.tv and EI was a little more expensive & the CSR, instead of offering up any kind of deal, started to sell me on the positives of watching it from my couch instead of on my computer!

No mention of any deal, just "do you really want to watch the games on your computer or that flat screen I know you have."

I've gotten deals before and this is the first time I've called and not even gotten an offer. I guess I'll try again in a few days.

So I just called to "cancel" EI saying that it was cheaper to watch it online with mlb.tv and EI was a little more expensive & the CSR, instead of offering up any kind of deal, started to sell me on the positives of watching it from my couch instead of on my computer!

No mention of any deal, just "do you really want to watch the games on your computer or that flat screen I know you have."

I've gotten deals before and this is the first time I've called and not even gotten an offer. I guess I'll try again in a few days.
That is because you were not really willing to cancel. When you call back they will look at your calling record to see that you called before for the same thing.

I did call and cancel it and wasn't even asked why I was canceling it....LOL....Rep just said OK it's canceled and you should see your credit post within 48 hours for the 1st installment that was billed.

I didn't know if they would call me back and try to get me to reconsider or not.

Last edited:
Smart

May be Direct is getting smart. I was in management for a long time and it seemed there was always someone trying to get something for nothing.:D I got to run an get in line for that free heath care.

Last edited:
Is there an official/unofficial number of discounts DirecTV will give someone?

Last summer, I did call and receive a discount on Sunday Ticket, but this was the first time I have ever called about MLB (and yes, you guys are right - I was not going to cancel - I LOVE EI :D).

That said, several weeks ago I called and did cancel March Madness despite the offers they were throwing at me.

I think I'll just let it be & see what happens come football renewal time.

I called 1-800-531-5000, said "Cancel Extra Innings" at the prompt and spoke with John. Told John mlb.tv offers it for $120 and you offer it for $200. I will go with MLB.TV if you can not lower price,. John put me on hold and said - sorry - enjoy MLB.TV

Gotta love DirecTV. Trash.

I called 1-800-531-5000, said "Cancel Extra Innings" at the prompt and spoke with John. Told John mlb.tv offers it for $120 and you offer it for $200. I will go with MLB.TV if you can not lower price,. John put me on hold and said - sorry - enjoy MLB.TV

Gotta love DirecTV. Trash.

Hopefully you didn't get pissed about it. Someone called your bluff and you lost right? Are you or where your an MLBEI current subscriber? If so, why would you have been paying $200? You should be getting the renewal price anyway.

that is funny though..."sorry - enjoy MLB.TV" :haha

I am a new subscriber, but have been getting mlb.tv for years. I told him this in advanced. So obviously, they don't care about people leaving to mlb.tv. I was not pissed about it, I will just go with someone else then. However, I became pissed when they have no record of my referral discount (see my other thread).

I am a new subscriber, but have been getting mlb.tv for years. I told him this in advanced. So obviously, they don't care about people leaving to mlb.tv. I was not pissed about it, I will just go with someone else then. However, I became pissed when they have no record of my referral discount (see my other thread).

yeah, I saw that. That sucks......there are a lot of people on here that got the shaft on the referral too.

I tried MLBTV on my computer a few years ago and the lag time was killing me so at that point I decided never to do it again, but i could be that fact that I had a busted old laptop. Maybe one day, but I'll stick with EI for the time being.

enjoy the season.

It definitely takes a "poker player" when you call Retentions to get a price break :) I called about ST last year for the 1st time ever for any price break and I got a good deal. After thinking about EI (been an EI subs since I started sub's with DTV) but I decied to settle for the std renewal price and call again this summer for ST.

I just think that EI is a great deal for a MLB fan. No extra charge for HD.

I was checking the indemand website to see if they have a schedule up and they are charging 4 payments of $44.75 (cheaper than the renewal price of D*) as opposed to 4 payments of $49.99 on D*.

Should I even bother to make a second call attempt to get some kind of discount? Or am I just screwed since I am a new subscriber to it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)