Getting close to baseball season

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Should I even bother to make a second call attempt to get some kind of discount? Or am I just screwed since I am a new subscriber to it?

Your a new customer by the looks of the other thread and new customer to mlb in our system so they wont give a break as the system takes account all promotions and credits to decide what to give you.

Does indemand through cable have a mix channel in HD? Do they show every game in HD? I think that's where the price difference comes in between indemand and Direct TV renewal.

I don't think they have a mix channel at all. But DTV cannot assume everyone has HD because I don't.

well, here's my discount story and it was TOTALLY unintentional and honest. let me start by saying that we've been customers for years and have never been late and i've subscribed to NFL ST w/ SF and EI the whole time.

so about 3 weeks ago i lost my job - bummer. the next day after i tallied my savings account i decided i would have to cut some expenses. i'm a baseball diehard, always have been, it's my number one sport (go giants!). so after crunching the numbers i came to the heartbreaking conclusion that EI would have to go until things began to look up again. so i made the sad call to directv.

i got a csr on the explained to her that even though i had already been charged the first installment that i would need to cancel due to my loss of employment. i explained that i hated to do it but, if the job search didn't work out it would be really hard to justify the added expense of EI to my wife even though i pay the bill. because in reality, if i remained unemployed for too long i would be out of (luxury) money and the wife would be paying the bill eventually.

she asked if lowering the price would help and i told her i didn't think so. so, she transfered me to someone (retetnion i imagine), to cancel the package. i re-explained this to the next agent and she then offered me the entire season for $60. i was shocked. i asked her to repeat the number and she confirmed what i thought i had heard. obviously i took the deal.

so let me say that i had all intentions to cancel- i HAD to. and when she offered the discount due to my circumstances i was kind of choked up a bit. any negative feelings i ever had about directv - and i never have really had too many issues- were totally absolved.

Will the braves games on Peachtree be in HD this year?

Doubtful. The only game this week is Wednesday night. It has channels 745/746. Cubs feed I believe will be on 745 and 745-1 using CSN CH+ that D* regularly shows in HD.

Right now the Braves feed isn't even in the guide or online schedule in SD or HD. It would be on channel 746, which is just shown as empty Wednesday night.
I expect this will change before gametime.

Thursday the Braves game is listed on 651 (Braves = Peachtree regional feed) in SD and 738 in SD (Braves EI feed).
The Cubs feed that night is on 737 and 737-1.
This could change too, as the Thursday game in on MLB Network. Not sure if they can do the EI feeds when the game is on MLBN, but right now they are in the guide.

In other words, I don't expect Peachtree games in HD.

sweet :)

MLB Channel just getting better by the day :)

I agree, they really did it right with MLBNet. More live games is no big deal to me as I have EI - but the more baseball that is out there for everyone the better, it is a great thing.

XM Radio just merged their home plate channel into MLB Network Radio, which has good and bad points. Still much of the radio programming, but nights are now mirroring the MLB Network TV programming. Better than all the call-in shows at night I guess.

Sorry about the false alarm. Maybe they took it from my guide as part of the security measures for Obama's lousy first pitch....

HD Mix started working a bit after 1:30, they had some problems to start the day. I was getting channel not purchased. They had it working before the start of the second batch of games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)