Getting closer - Shaw setup in US. Got signal but is it the right satellite?

lhousesoccer

Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
OK, so I'm a couple hours south of the QC-VT border - central VT. Got a 60E dish and a Triple Satellite Quad Output Switchable xKu LN BF.

Today I finally had enough time to sit on the roof and move the satellite millimetres at a time. I had my iPad inside pointed at the screen, and my iPhone in my hand on the roof, and I Skyped myself from two accounts!!

I locked in on a Satellite finally, and with some putting around, got 97% signal strength. Here's what my signal setup screen looks like. Keep in mind that this receiver HAS NOT yet been activated. I will take care of that tomorrow.

However, in the Shaw Self-Installation directions, it says I should aim for Sat B (111.1 - which from what I understand is the Anik F2, WildBlue-1). I'm not sure what some of the numbers on my screen mean, but I think I may have locked onto the wrong satellite.

Any thoughts?

Shaw Setup Screen.jpg

Reactions: Frenchophile
Frenchophile - so are you saying that I'll still get the channels from 111.1 (F2) even though it says F1 on the setup screen? From what I understand, most of the HD channels are carried by 111.1. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts