Getting closer - Shaw setup in US. Got signal but is it the right satellite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lhousesoccer

Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
OK, so I'm a couple hours south of the QC-VT border - central VT. Got a 60E dish and a Triple Satellite Quad Output Switchable xKu LN BF.

Today I finally had enough time to sit on the roof and move the satellite millimetres at a time. I had my iPad inside pointed at the screen, and my iPhone in my hand on the roof, and I Skyped myself from two accounts!!

I locked in on a Satellite finally, and with some putting around, got 97% signal strength. Here's what my signal setup screen looks like. Keep in mind that this receiver HAS NOT yet been activated. I will take care of that tomorrow.

However, in the Shaw Self-Installation directions, it says I should aim for Sat B (111.1 - which from what I understand is the Anik F2, WildBlue-1). I'm not sure what some of the numbers on my screen mean, but I think I may have locked onto the wrong satellite.

Any thoughts?

Shaw Setup Screen.jpg

Reactions: Frenchophile
Frenchophile - so are you saying that I'll still get the channels from 111.1 (F2) even though it says F1 on the setup screen? From what I understand, most of the HD channels are carried by 111.1. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)