Getting East Coast Network Stations Caribbean Channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nemo69

Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Hello everyone. I am new. My interest in satellite stems from one desire...to see network television at an East Coast time. That way I can get to bed early and not be up til 11 pm and getting up a 5 am. The big pay services make you sign ridiculous waivers and make it hard to do. If I understand FTA, all I do is buy a dish, point it at a satellite, tune the receiver according to published channel information and I get the channel. If I am reading Lyngsat correctly, I can point my dish at the Galaxy 16 sat and get all five networks from the Caribbean channels on that sat.

So has anyone had problems with them? I mean, what about the rain and hurricane season? Is there problems with reception? As far as I can tell, if I choose Fla, NY stations, or national feeds I would constantly have to scan the sky for channels using at least 3 satellites to get the programming I need. At least it doesn't cost per month.

The networks on Galaxy 16 requires a c-band dish, this is a dish 6ft or larger (the old school satellite dishes), a small 31" dish will not receive the Galaxy 16 channels...C-Band dishes are not cheap either but if you are that dedicated just for the networks, then check your neighborhood for an old big dish, some people give them away for free...

OOps

oh, I guess I have to read the chart right. I would have to have some space for a C band because it is a BUD, right?

a 6 foot dish will work fine for the Carribean mux. Just a heads up though. A couple of the channels look like crap. NBC & CW are not the best signal (they are compressed). CBS & ABC are the best of them

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)