Getting error 020 on 311 receiver (invalid card)

bbtkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
I bought a 311 receiver but when I plug it in I get error 020 "The smart card currently inserted is not valid for use with this receiver". This is interesting since the 311 has a built-in card and can't possibly have the wrong card. I have contacted the seller and they are sending another receiver. They said to just keep this one - so I am trying to see if there is some way to clear the problem and salvage it. I tried a reset and next I may try leaving it plugged in to see if it takes an update. I opened it up to see if someone had put a 301 board in a 311 case but the serial number of the board matches the case so it appears to be the original board. Any other thoughts?

Call Dish tech support. I bought a receiver off ebay a 301 with a wrong card. When I called Dish they signed me up for the warranty program then let me exchange the whole unit for free. Sent me another one then all I had to do was put the bad one in the box slap the label on it and give it to the ups store.

When SBC installed my 4 311 receivers one of them was getting this exact message. Installer had to call E* and found out that they had entered the wrong card number. He read it again to them, they entered it in the system and it was all good after that.

You need to call them and make sure they have the right numbers for the receiver and the card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)