Getting Fox in HD - who do you talk to?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CSHander

Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Indio, CA
I am a Dish Network subscriber and would really love to have Fox in HD, but it isn't offered in my area through my locals. I know that the local affiliate KDFX broadcasts Fox in HD on Time Warner, so they do have it. I am wondering - is the lack of HD availability something that I would talk to Dish about, or the local affiliate? Watching the Emmys the other night was awful in SD - I think the picture quality I get for Fox is worse than any of the other SD channels on Dish. Thanks for any help!

If it's not available from Dish, there isn't much you can do other than getting an off air antenna and getting it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I would hope there would be somewhere I could contact to let them know I want this - I just don't know if the local affiliate won't let Dish have it, or Dish isn't interested.

There is no OTA version of Fox in HD because its a low powered analog channel. Looks like they piggyback on the CBS for digital but only in SD.
I know in some cases there is a fibre line from the studio to the cable co. Dish could also do that if they wanted but probably just grabs the signal OTA

You could "move" to LA or San Diego and get them in HD ;)

wait scratch that.....checking a list Directv has it in HD too. So there cant be a "anti-trust" issue if both D* and Time Warner have it

Looks like Dish is in another dispute

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 292
well lookie lookie what popped up today

5253(33) - KDFX [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 09 Spotbeam 33 changed to Available (H) (Mkt:palm Springs, CA-Indio/palm Springs, CA-FOX)

now you have Fox in HD ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts