Getting HWS - Anything new in last 12 months?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Family member has a Dish install next Sat.

I had a HWS and Joey about 16 months ago, just wondering if anything substantial has changed. Havent kept up with software updates.

Thanks.

A bit more stable. One button closed captioning. OTA programs can be recorded direct from the guide. Some restrictions on auto-hop. 4K Joey announced. Not sure how long Super Joey and Wireless Joey have been shipping. Netflix app now in place.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Thanks.

If there are two Hoppers, is the playlist unified or still separate? Super Joey and wireless one are def new to my experience level. They will run an OTA tuner, may get a 2nd Hopper for another OTA tuner if there are too many conflicts.

Each Hopper and every Joey can see what's on the other Hopper, but it's two separate lists.

ALMOST FORGOT - If you use up all three sat tuners on one Hopper, and you're trying to record another program, you get an offer to record it on the other Hopper. And the first Hopper gets a pointer, or a listing, of that "4th" program on the other Hopper, so it's easy to get to.

Only one OTA tuner per Hopper. Joey doesn't get one.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
I just don't see the appeal of a Super. A little more gets a lot more.

Had a good conversation with CheriT, got the install changed from HWS + Joey to two HWS's. Have to order them the second OTA tuner now.

Dirt is always a pleasure.

Reactions: ChadT41
Looks like everything will work out well. Two HWS, two OTA tuners, and they ill be able to record duplicates of just about everything. Nice security blanket.

I guess it's been awhile, or Im too used to a genie. I though it was limited to 3 tuners, even with the OTA tuner, but the OTA tuner actually adds a 4th tuner (3 sat programs and one OTA at a time)?

When you add an AM21 to a genie, you still have 5, just two can be used OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts