Getting installed friday

smokeatr2000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
birmingham, AL
New to this forum been reading for around a month and decided to take the plunge over charter. Got signed up and supposed to get installed friday if all goes well. I'd like to thank everyone on all the messages I'v read, can't hardley wait now.Anyone around Birmingham ,Al just like to see the local offerings. Thanks Greg

:) Just can't help but wonder Greg...are you a firefighter? Or is your "handle" just indicative of steps you've had to take since you've been reading recently?

Bless you...whichever it is, and hope your installation goes well! :D You'll be glad you did it! Vicki :D

Welcome, Greg (smokeatr2000).

Read threads on local acquisition and reception for OTA (over-the-air) prior to your install.

Go to antennaweb.com to see if you'll encounter difficulties. Print out results and discuss with your installer. Antennaweb.com isn't perfect but accurate enough for ballparking.

Questions? Give us a shout.

Let us know how your install goes.

Good luck...

Thanks, yes vicki I am a full time ff/paramedic here in Birmingham, Al. Bradley i've checked it and most of my stations are around 14 miles, zip 35071.

Just joined myself. Welcome aboard… :welcome

I’ve had voom for a few months now and was saddened with all the news about the trouble the company is having lately. After reading some of the posts around here, and then the closure of the voom web site last week, I thought for sure the service would end.

But now after the return of the site, and Mr. Dolan’s determination to save voom, I am feeling quite optimistic again. :)

Good luck on your install…I would suggest that you tell your installer to not use a “diplexer” and run the OTA cable directly to the back of the receiver. More work for him, but better for you in that your OTA signal and reception is better. Also, if you want to be able to use the Caller ID feature, make sure the installer runs a telephone line to your Voom receiver. If you don’t request this, most installers will not do it on their own.

joep said:
...but better for you in that your OTA signal and reception is better.
Interesting. My diplexer setup gets a very high 96-99 signal strength, also excellent reception. In fact better reception than my TV tuner, using a directly connected high-gain antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)