Installer thinking of getting VOOM

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Here's an interesting scenario. We had some initial problems with install, but with a second, more experienced, professional installer, we got the job done and are enjoying VOOM.

When the 2nd installer returned to try to tweak the OTA, he said--"Well, I'm going to have to think seriously about this HD stuff and is continually impressed by what he sees when he installs VOOM.

I am wondering--does Installs, Inc give VOOM discounts to its installers? There ought to be some sort of incentive program for Installers to install VOOM, IMO.

I realize these installers may also do Direct and Dish, but many of them don't even have their own HDTV and perhaps if they did, they would do a better job installing and promoting VOOM.

Lots of times we ask salesman or installers--"What type of system do you have personally?"

What better testimony of VOOM than to have the installer say "I have VOOM at home"! This installer also was interested in this forum, which we gladly gave him.

Think how many calls he makes in a day's time--also to Dish and Direct customers and although, he probably is not supposed to try to "push" another Satellite system to the competition--he can still honestly reply to a customer's question of What satellite service does he have personally? And the answer can be VOOM.

My daughter's installer told me that he had V*, and it was free to him as an installer. Strangely though, he did not yet have a HD set. Was very interested in coming to my home to see my new JVC HD-ILA set in action.

FAYRICH said:
My daughter's installer told me that he had V*, and it was free to him as an installer. Strangely though, he did not yet have a HD set. Was very interested in coming to my home to see my new JVC HD-ILA set in action.

Well if you daughter's installer is getting voom free he is using a deinstall box that has been activated and never deactivated cause the installers have never been offered this service for free. And i see you are in Ohio was this guy from Pro Star prehaps.

tyork

TYORK said:
Well if you daughter's installer is getting voom free he is using a deinstall box that has been activated and never deactivated cause the installers have never been offered this service for free. And i see you are in Ohio was this guy from Pro Star prehaps.

tyork
Busted!!!! :yes

TYORK said:

tyork
Surprised to hear that tyork. No, wasn't Pro-Star. Sure did seem to make sense to me tho that installers should have it in their own homes. What better way to be familiar with all the ins-and-outs of the system and how it works. Well, irregardless, this installer did a very good job. Knew exactly what he was doing and attained very good results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)