Thinking about switching?Voom service still sucks!

zubinh said:
He was just given a $500 check from Voom, and he just received a nice card from Voom employees congratulating him on his "award".

Hmmmm................. :rolleyes:

Is this really true?
Did the $500 come directly from Voom or since Voom is a sponsor did it come via the "back door"?

voomster2 said:
Is this really true?
Did the $500 come directly from Voom or since Voom is a sponsor did it come via the "back door"?

I really like to know where this is coming from. We maybe running ads from VOOM but VOOM has no editorial power here. They did not give me money either. The money that we get on this board (which I have no control of finances) comes from various source of revenue. The money is used not only to pay for our expenses but also to give our staff and members gifts.

Whether the money has come from our Sponsor has no correlation to what anyone is trying to imply. The contractulation card that I received was from the Voom programming folks who I met in the summer. I went there as a Satelliteguys representative to get acquaintance with Voom's 21 exclusive programs. It was there that I met the producers for WorldSport, Rush, Equator, Moov, & HD Cinema. Since then we have maintained a professional relation and I have met more people in the programming department.

The card that I received was a mere gesture on their part because I have been given them feed back through the comments of our member about the programming. All of these relations we as a business need to keep to bring to you our members the best and most accurate information possible. To insunate that I am getting money from VOOM because of this is quite low especially after the countless hours that I have spent here trying to present to you members with the best possible resource of information about VOOM and about Satellite in general.

zubinh said:
I guess 11 million E* subscribers are watching "unwatchable" SD. As for who you should trust, I'll say this. I'm just a regular joe. Sean on the other hand works for a website sponsored by Voom. He was just given a $500 check from Voom, and he just received a nice card from Voom employees congratulating him on his "award".

Hmmmm................. :rolleyes:

Next time you speak please have some proof and think before you talk. This is without a doubt something that can get you banned from here. Not only are you trying to publish false information without any proofs but you have your facts all wrong. Before you make accussations of this nature, try to get your facts together.

zubinh said:
Sean on the other hand works for a website sponsored by Voom. He was just given a $500 check from Voom, and he just received a nice card from Voom employees congratulating him on his "award".
You know guys, this is really insulting to Sean and to all other mods who volunteer almost all their spare time (days and nights) to helping other forum members.

zubinh, you awe this forum an apology!

It is insulting to some members too, as well as the mods. It seems more like a jealous rant than anything else. And it helps nobody. I'm sorry that Sean (and other mods) have to put up with things like this, especially on a volunteer basis.

as much as you like to defend voom Sean, i never once thought you were in Voom's pocket, i find you to be too favorable to voom but thats just an opinion based on your experience. I would have to defend this Voom lover on this one LOL
Sean just in case you were wondering i too want to love Voom, i too want all that hd but understand this is extremely frustrating.

The Stone Man said:
It is insulting to some members too, as well as the mods. It seems more like a jealous rant than anything else. And it helps nobody. I'm sorry that Sean (and other mods) have to put up with things like this, especially on a volunteer basis.
Ditto

Sean Mota said:
steve,

believe what yuo want to believe. If that's your opinion, let it be it and let's move on. No sense in pounding on the same thing all over.
Sean, I agree with you and if it were me, Id delete every post in this thread except steve and Ice. Let them b$tch and moan alone.

stevesmall said:
as much as you like to defend voom Sean, i never once thought you were in Voom's pocket, i find you to be too favorable to voom but thats just an opinion based on your experience. I would have to defend this Voom lover on this one LOL
Sean just in case you were wondering i too want to love Voom, i too want all that hd but understand this is extremely frustrating.

I disagree with you about favoritism to VOOM. If I have to describe myself, I will describe myself as an "HD lover" not as an "provider lover". I carry three providers to give me a complete HD Package because no one has everything in one package. To me it does not matter who carry the HD channels I want to see. My money speaks for itself. That's what counts. Give me HD and I will be satisfied.

Some get this wrong idea because I try to make the VOOM forum the best it can be by organizing information, being there to answer questions, and trying to bring the information to the forum before anywhere else! If that makes me a VOOM lover, let it be but I am just doing what I think I should be doing on the board. No more no less.

As to the insult, I take it very lightly because I know myself and I know who I am and what I am doing. That's how I am. That's my personality. I sleep very well every night. My conscious is clean.

As to your problem Steve: there's very little I can do. Sorry that you had to go through it for a second time. I believe the first time which it's well documented in this forum was in April of this year and you went through the same identical problem. I kind of wonder why that is. Why is the VOOM installer having such a difficult time handling your installation or your service call? It beats me. To every story there's always two stories. We have only heard your story. We don't know what is the other.

Sean Mota said:
I disagree with you about favoritism to VOOM. If I have to describe myself, I will describe myself as an "HD lover" not as an "provider lover". I carry three providers to give me a complete HD Package because no one has everything in one package. To me it does not matter who carry the HD channels I want to see. My money speaks for itself. That's what counts. Give me HD and I will be satisfied.

Some get this wrong idea because I try to make the VOOM forum the best it can be by organizing information, being there to answer questions, and trying to bring the information to the forum before anywhere else! If that makes me a VOOM lover, let it be but I am just doing what I think I should be doing on the board. No more no less.

As to the insult, I take it very lightly because I know myself and I know who I am and what I am doing. That's how I am. That's my personality. I sleep very well every night. My conscious is clean.

As to your problem Steve: there's very little I can do. Sorry that you had to go through it for a second time. I believe the first time which it's well documented in this forum was in April of this year and you went through the same identical problem. I kind of wonder why that is. Why is the VOOM installer having such a difficult time handling your installation or your service call? It beats me. To every story there's always two stories. We have only heard your story. We don't know what is the other.
First off SEAN in no way what i said was it meant to be an insult,
and you mention april, you are right some of the problems are the same and still you defend voom, Well almost the same identical problem, except in april i didnt rave about how good the pic quality was when i could actually see it, and the reason for the same problem is still there also, installs inc still works for VOOM, i recvd a call today from VOOM finally and they agree due to all of the problems with installer issues i would be getting a month free, i turned that down. i want nothing for free i want the service to work as it is supposed to. the problems in april were due to needing a 24 inch dish, they gave that to me finally this time, that solved the rain fade issues but from what voom tells me now (today)the installer should have put a longer arm on the mast ????? <<to this i have no idea, and as for the voom installer he is having this problem due to the voom issues, same installer for directv as voom and when he shows up no issues so you tell me where the problems lies? i have had directv for 10 years since it was dbs. never a service problem, i have had issues with rain fade , those problems were fixed, issues with billing they were fixed, if you have a problem with voom it doesnt get fixed , THERE IS THE PROBLEM SEAN, in april also i had billing issues, which to vooms credit i didnt have this time. also Sean you also neglect to mention that when my voom was working i actually told a few people here in this forum to try Voom but of course you "forgot to mention" that instead you again come to the defense of Voom. obviously, SEAN you have a had a good experience with VOOM i am envious of that fact but i do believe you favor VOOM, which is fine i dont consider that a fault, i too wish i could favor VOOM but they have given me no reason to, i too subscribe to multiple providers and when a compaint is warranted i compalin , when a compiment is warranted again i compliment, you seem to have an agenda to defend voom based on facts that as you stated you dont know, if you want to help ill send you the numerous work orders and let you hear the excuses why the installers couldnt show, i find them rather funny. you seem to think i am mad at VOOM, im not, i dont think their installers are credible which makes them not credible, i want VOOM , i want all of this HDTV but i still want decent if not great customer service, the only problem i have with any other provider is directv is lacking in HDTV but if i cant see the picture on VOOM Sean do they provide that service to me? NO THEY DONT, yes they are giving me credit, but for what, im not getting anything to receive credit for, remember i cant even get a picture. remeber the tech hasnt showed up to fix the issue, remember voom is the company to which i subscribed, not installs or the local installers it is voom's responsibilty to make these things right, not mine, but again i never insulted you, in fact i defended you in saying i never once thought you were in Vooms pocket. infact a note i spoke to a csr today, management i am told <i do have his name, and all of the names of the people i spoke to but i wouldnt mention them here. He told me the service call is billed exactly as an install @ 3 hrs, the installer doesnt even know when they arrive exactly what they are doing, and to this i have to agree because when the installer did show up to peak the dish, he asked what me what he was here for, it was listed as a service call he had no other notation except hat he was given a 24 inch dish but he wasnt even sure it was mine until he called his office<<< thats not a problem ? again it is probably my fault Sean

stevesmall said:
First off SEAN in no way what i said was it meant to be an insult,

I never said that you insulted me. But rather that any insult to my persona has very little bearing on me. I take it very lightly. :) However, insult the staff here and I have a big problem with it!

stevesmall said:
Well almost the same identical problem, except in april i didnt rave about how good the pic quality was when i could actually see it, and the reason for the same problem is still there also, installs inc still works for VOOM, i recvd a call today from VOOM finally and they agree due to all of the problems with installer issues i would be getting a month free, i turned that down. i want nothing for free i want the service to work as it is supposed to.

But you don't want the service because you already cancelled. Right? That's fine that you don't want anything for free but you don't want it anyway. I am rather confused.

stevesmall said:
the problems in april were dues to needing a 24 inch dish, they gave that to me finally this time, that solved the rain fade issues but from what voom tells me now the installer should have put a longer arm on the mast ????? <<to this i have no idea,

when you say VOOM tells you that they should have put a longer arm on the mast, was that a CSR or Installs Inc?

stevesmall said:
and as for the voom installer he is having this problem due to the voom issues, same installer for directv as voom and when he shows up no issues so you tell me where the problems lies?

I am having problem understanding this. There are four type of problems that you may experience.

1 - the ones originating from the signal that VOOM sends. That cannot be the problem you are talking about because everyone else in thi forum would have the same issues.

2 - Installation problems. This is an installer issue. If he/she cannot setup this correctly you will never get a signal.

3 - Software issues. Are the ones we already know in this forum and should not prevent you from getting a signal once the installation is done correctly.

4 - Hardware issues. This is a possibility but it has to do with the equipment going bad. Not unlikely but possible.

Aside from these, I can only say that yours will either fall on 2 or 4 and given the comments you made on this forum, I will heavily focus on 2.

stevesmall said:
i have had directv for 10 years since it was dbs. never a service problem, i have had issues with rain fade , those problems were fixed, issues with billing they were fixed, if you have a problem with voom it doesnt get fixed , THERE IS THE PROBLEM SEAN, in april also i had billing issues, which to vooms credit i didnt have this time.

So somethings at VOOM do get fixed, right? I had Dish Network for 10 years as well and had problems with them. Luckily all of them have gotten fixed. So problems/issues here and there I expect. I expect them to get fixed as well.

stevesmall said:
lalso Sean you also neglect to mention that when my voom was working i actually told a few people here in this forum to try Voom but of course you "forgot to mention" that you come to the defense of Voom

The documentation speaks for itself, right? I did not know we were talking about this. I thought we were talking about how you felt left out by VOOM because of your installation/service problems.

stevesmall said:
obviously SEAN you have a had a good experience with VOOM i am envious of that fact but i do believe you favor VOOM, which is fine i dont consider that a fault, i wish i too could favor VOOM but thay have given me no reason too,

Not at all, my friend. Do a search and read. I had billing problems, PQ problems, signal problems as well. The billing was fixed. The PQ problems still exist in some channels. The PG problems seemed to be at minimum now. So not everything is happy land in VOOM land but I can say that when I turn on my HDTV, I see a signal coming from VOOM. No nothing is perfect but I rather look at it objectively and try to resolve the issues first. Given the fair amount of time that I have dedicated to DBS/Cable, I can confidently fix any problems that I may have in my house with the DBS/Cable. Unless is an equipment failure, I know where the problem may or may not lie. This is why I do not let any Dish Installers near my house. And when the VOOM installer comes for any service calls, I already know what he needs to do and I usually let him know.

stevesmall said:
i too subscribe to multiple providers and when a compaint is warranted i compalin , when a compiment is warranted again i compliment you seem to have an agenda to defend voom based on facts that as you stated you dont know,

I agree. When a complaint is warranted it should be heard. Not all over the forum (like you did) but it should be heard. There's only one agenda that I have - bring you the best information about DBS I can get my hand on. When VOOM has done something wrong, you can find my post here where I say that it was wrong to do so, when there's false information posted, I come out and also say that is wrong. You can find a balance information here whether is positive or negative. WE NEVER TRIED TO HIDE THE NEGATIVES. ALL ARE WELL DOCUMENTED.

stevesmall said:
if you want to help ill send you the numerous work orders and let you hear the excuses why the installers couldnt show, i find them rather funny.

I believe what you say. However, this is the local installer correct? why you did not ask for a different installer? Only once I will let the installer screw me over. Why is it that you are having such a difficult time for an installer even to show up? I find that hard to understand.

stevesmall said:
you seem to think i am mad at VOOM, im not i dont think their installers are credible which makes them not credible, i want VOOM , i want all of this HDTV but i still want decent if not great customer service,

Everyone wants great customer service from any where. If you have read here all the complaints about VOOM's csr, you will know that their customer service can vary from poor to excellent. The ones I deal with have been courteous to me and sometimes I have encountered some with limited knowledge. So everyone here is in agreement.

stevesmall said:
the only problem i have with any other provider is directv is lacking in HDTV but if i cant see the picture Sean do they provide that service to me? NO THEY DONT, yes they are giving me credit, but for what, im not getting anything to receive credit for, remeber i cant even get a picture. remeber the tech hasnt showed up to fix the issue, remeber voom is the company to which i subscribed not installs or the local installers it is voom's responsibilty to make these things right, not mine

Again, whomever did your installation did not know what he was doing. Here's another tip. NEVER SIGN THE WORK ORDER UNTIL YOU KNOW EVERYTHING IS WORKING. I don't expect you to fix it yourself, my friend. I don't expect you at all to do that. You just never got an installation done correctly.

stevesmall said:
but again i never insulted you, in fact i defnded you in saying i never once thought you were in Vooms pocket.

Again, I never said you did. Thanks for that because I do not work for them. I wish I did because the moment I do I would resign my position here. My experience outside this forum has tought me the ethics of working relationships.

Sean Mota said:
I never said that you insulted me. But rather that any insult to my persona has very little bearing on me. I take it very lightly. :) However, insult the staff here and I have a big problem with it!

well that im glad we got straight.

But you don't want the service because you already cancelled. Right? That's fine that you don't want anything for free but you don't want it anyway. I am rather confused.
Yes i did cancel, i was told by a csr that escalation wouldnt do anything i should just cancel, so i did, <i have that one on tape, man was the manager mad when he heard that. but in truth NO i dont want to cancel and now it seems hopefully i have a manger that is going to escalate these issues, we shall see

when you say VOOM tells you that they should have put a longer arm on the mast, was that a CSR or Installs Inc?
VOOM csr

I am having problem understanding this. There are four type of problems that you may experience.

1 - the ones originating from the signal that VOOM sends. That cannot be the problem you are talking about because everyone else in thi forum would have the same issues.

2 - Installation problems. This is an installer issue. If he/she cannot setup this correctly you will never get a signal.

3 - Software issues. Are the ones we already know in this forum and should not prevent you from getting a signal once the installation is done correctly.

4 - Hardware issues. This is a possibility but it has to do with the equipment going bad. Not unlikely but possible.

Aside from these, I can only say that yours will either fall on 2 or 4 and given the comments you made on this forum, I will heavily focus on 2.

You are correct it is 2, i knew this from the get go, i informed voom of this this is where i am having an issue getting another tech out to fix this issue

So somethings at VOOM do get fixed, right? I had Dish Network for 10 years as well and had problems with them. Luckily all of them have gotten fixed. So problems/issues here and there I expect. I expect them to get fixed as well.
Yes things at voom do get fixed as ive stated but installs inc needs to be fixed YESTERDAY

The documentation speaks for itself, right? I did not know we were talking about this. I thought we were talking about how you felt left out by VOOM because of your installation/service problems.

I dont feel left out , i feel Voom is just bad csr and bad installers, pic q was excellent when it actually worked
as for the documentation, i was referring to the numerous service call letters i recvd from voom, installs inc i have 9 letters from installs/voom about one service call all stating 4 different dates, as a side note did you know you can have an uninstall done quicker than you can schedule a realignment?

Not at all, my friend. Do a search and read. I had billing problems, PQ problems, signal problems as well. The billing was fixed. The PQ problems still exist in some channels. The PG problems seemed to be at minimum now. So not everything is happy land in VOOM land but I can say that when I turn on my HDTV, I see a signal coming from VOOM. No nothing is perfect but I rather look at it objectively and try to resolve the issues first. Given the fair amount of time that I have dedicated to DBS/Cable, I can confidently fix any problems that I may have in my house with the DBS/Cable. Unless is an equipment failure, I know where the problem may or may not lie. This is why I do not let any Dish Installers near my house. And when the VOOM installer comes for any service calls, I already know what he needs to do and I usually let him know.
as i do also , i was warned by Csr that i would be responsible for anything that might happen to any of the equipment if i touched anything of VOOMs

so you see instead of fixing the issue, one thing they are clear of, you will be held responsible that has been the only constant, thats sad

I agree. When a complaint is warranted it should be heard. Not all over the forum (like you did) but it should be heard. There's only one agenda that I have - bring you the best information about DBS I can get my hand on. When VOOM has done something wrong, you can find my post here where I say that it was wrong to do so, when there's false information posted, I come out and also say that is wrong. You can find a balance information here whether is positive or negative. WE NEVER TRIED TO HIDE THE NEGATIVES. ALL ARE WELL DOCUMENTED.

I never thought you tried to hide them i just think to many people blame the local installers/installs inc when the ultimate responsibilty lies with VOOM

I believe what you say. However, this is the local installer correct? why you did not ask for a different installer? Only once I will let the installer screw me over. Why is it that you are having such a difficult time for an installer even to show up? I find that hard to understand.

this is 2 different installers, the 1 local installer that i trust is the one that was in my house replacing a box when i called voom to ask if he could repeak the dish, he was agreeable, voom csr said no. i asked for a manager and in the meantime the sat installer had to go to another job, the manager proceeds to tell me they do that all the time, it shouldnt have been an issue.
as for installers and getting them to show up, one as it stands now they need to do it on my terms, which i dont think is unreasonable after all of the issues.
and they are probably busier with other installs than service calls, my guess is they make more money, the one installer i know (whom i asked for in my communication with voom and installs was told he never recvd the order) yet he did an install a block away 2 days after the other installer didnt show ? is that logical ?

Everyone wants great customer service from any where. If you have read here all the complaints about VOOM's csr, you will know that their customer service can vary from poor to excellent. The ones I deal with have been courteous to me and sometimes I have encountered some with limited knowledge. So everyone here is in agreement.

Agreed

Again, whomever did your installation did not know what he was doing. Here's another tip. NEVER SIGN THE WORK ORDER UNTIL YOU KNOW EVERYTHING IS WORKING. I don't expect you to fix it yourself, my friend. I don't expect you at all to do that. You just never got an installation done correctly.

I certainly know this nowabout signing i checked signal and it was working fine, installer told me that 80 was fine , well with directv it is.
obviously its not and with the shoddy work done the dish shifted, and now i find out it shifted because he crushed to bracket holding the dish, stripping the bolts. so i need a new arm. in effect these are none of the same issues i had inj april these are installer related more than a signal issue, i had it at 90 but again i couldnt do anything because of the stripped bolt, and yes i am an idiot i climbed the roof within a month of an acl repair

Again, I never said you did. Thanks for that because I do not work for them. I wish I did because the moment I do I would resign my position here. My experience outside this forum has tought me the ethics of working relationships.
Sean MY responses are between the questions you asked, i didnt post correctly.

stevesmall said:
Sean MY responses are between the questions you asked, i didnt post correctly.

hard to read but I have read it all. Good luck in the next service call. Two pieces of advice. With a 24" you should be able to get 95+ on the signal. Do not sign that piece of paper until you get the signal in that range.

One problem that installers are doing is checking the signal strength through their local portable meter instead of checking the meter on the Voom receiver. Good luck and I am glad we've got everything sorted out. :)

Sean Mota said:
hard to read but I have read it all. Good luck in the next service call. Two pieces of advice. With a 24" you should be able to get 95+ on the signal. Do not sign that piece of paper until you get the signal in that range.

One problem that installers are doing is checking the signal strength through their local portable meter instead of checking the meter on the Voom receiver. Good luck and I am glad we've got everything sorted out. :)

Sean, thanks for the advice and just for your info, i come to this forum because of responses like yours, it may not always be what i agree with but i usually find the information to be accurate
thanks again

Sean Mota said:

My installers said that there was NOT a signal meter for Voom, they sure didnt have one, we used my TV.

Sean Mota said:
Next time you speak please have some proof and think before you talk. This is without a doubt something that can get you banned from here. Not only are you trying to publish false information without any proofs but you have your facts all wrong. Before you make accussations of this nature, try to get your facts together.

Ilya said:
You know guys, this is really insulting to Sean and to all other mods who volunteer almost all their spare time (days and nights) to helping other forum members.

zubinh, you awe this forum an apology!

zubinh,

I see that you continue to post but have yet to offer an apology.

Can a ban be forthcoming?

Sean Mota said:
It is not over till is over. The panic moves are made only by naysayers. See you in CES 200...good news coming...by then... :D

Just gotta give Sean some credit. Do you guys remember that Iraqi Information minister who despite US tanks rolling in the background refused to believe it was over? That's who he reminds me of right now. :D

zubinh said:
Just gotta give Sean some credit. Do you guys remember that Iraqi Information minister who despite US tanks rolling in the background refused to believe it was over? That's who he reminds me of right now. :D

Not really. If you knew what most of the staff knows here. You would not panic and say it is business as usual. :D

voomster2 said:
zubinh,

I see that you continue to post but have yet to offer an apology.

Can a ban be forthcoming?

Read my posts never ever never did I ever question the helpfulness of Sean. Heck he has even helped me out a couple of times. Thus keep waiting for an apology. HOWEVER, I do question his objectivity.

Sean: I disagree with you about favoritism to VOOM. If I have to describe myself, I will describe myself as an "HD lover" not as an "provider lover".

The point I was trying to make is this very statement comes from a guy who in each and every post this year said "Resistance is Futile...........Voom!"

IMHO Is Sean helpful? Oh yes he is. Is he unbiased...Heck NO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)