Getting into Dishnet

Dannymcenrow

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Detroit MI
Hi all I want to ask you a few questions regarding Dishnet.The thing is I have C band 4dtv but my provider wants me to switch to dish but since I have some credit issues I won't qualify for a contract.So I heard that in that situation the only way to go is to buy my own equipment,install it myself and then I can sub without a contract on a month to month basis.But since I have 4dtv my sd channels are way better then dishnet sd channels so the only way I can get dishnet is if I can get HD.But tat's a problem.I heard that the hd channels are all mpeg4 and that used HD receivers won't get them.The thing is I have to buy the receiver myself but if I go like on E bay and buy one it would not work wih hd.So can some of you tell me what receiver I'll have to buy to get the mpeg 4 hd channels?Or if one of you is offering one?And I plan on using a 1.2 meter Channel master dish for my dishnet system.I wonder if any of you did that so you can help me with instalation and if I can get stable signal with no rain fade with a dish that big.

lemme guess...you have NPS as your 4DTV provider? ;) I guess their lies never end

Seriously the best thing to do is call Claude at the Dishstore. Link is above (he's a sponser here). Maybe he can help you out (and hell he's in Detroit) ;)

As for the 1.2m dish you will have to do some rigging to make it work for all the HD. The best thing might be just to use their dish instead. Or keep your 4DTV and switch providers ;)

Thanks Iceberg but the thing is I don't know much about what stuff to get.
What receiver will I need to get Dish hd channels right now and in the future?
I need to know so I know what to look for and about the dish what kind of dish should I buy and what kind of LNBs
And if I only want their HD channels are these only on 1 sat or scattered on different sats?
Because I have a 1.2 meter channel master dish that I used to get 119 when I lived in the Neth Antilles.
I used to have it connected to a dp311 but the dp311 went bad and the Lnd died but I wonder if I can just buy a new LNB and aim at one sat that has all teh hd channels because I'm only gonna watch Hd I don't need their SD.
I hope I find a cheap solution because if it becomes to expensive I'm not gonna do it because I have other things I need to take care of?
ANd actually I PREFER to use my channel master because THEIR dish blacks out when it rains and I don't want it to black out everytime it rains so that's why I need the dish to be big and with no mesh so I think the channel master would be perfect.

To receive Dish network HD you need a ViP class receiver, a 211/211k/411 or 612/622/722/722k/922.

ViP211s sell for about $100+ on eBay, but be sure it is not leased and has a purple NAGRA3 card.

Thanks for the info.
I'm actually leaving for Brazil tomorrow morning and will be back after 1 month and then I'll get deeper into this and decide what I'm gonna do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)