Getting Locals 9/1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
i in Erie, Pa and we are getting are Locals on Wed, i cant find on the DTV website how much to add them, i think it 4.99? or 5.99? can someone tell me please thanks

Generally non-local packages are only $3 less than packages with locals, so it should cost $3 more.

You will probably have to wait until the day of to do it via phone, perhaps even a day or two into it to do it online. You will have to change your base package to get locals - IIRC even if you have a grandfathered one, unless you find a very helpful CSR.

Generally non-local packages are only $3 less than packages with locals, so it should cost $3 more.

You will probably have to wait until the day of to do it via phone, perhaps even a day or two into it to do it online. You will have to change your base package to get locals - IIRC even if you have a grandfathered one, unless you find a very helpful CSR.

thanks u

thanks, kinda mad its looks like we that the CW will not be included,no matter what we keeping cable because my 2 rooms have boxs that dont work because they are old, and because D couldn't fix my big problem we just leave as is

Doesn't this assume that you have a package that normally includes locals?

not really
The prices on the D* site include locals. If you put in a zip that doesnt have locals available, the pricing drops $3

case in point....pricing is normally 29.99 for Choice and 34.99 for Choice + but see attached...this is a market with locals not available

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 95
Doesn't this assume that you have a package that normally includes locals?

not really
The prices on the D* site include locals. If you put in a zip that doesnt have locals available, the pricing drops $3

case in point....pricing is normally 29.99 for Choice and 34.99 for Choice + but see attached...this is a market with locals not available

Also, if you are in a market that HAS locals and call to remove them, you save $ 3.

Last edited:
Consider the case where the subscriber has a grandfathered package (ie Total Choice w/o locals) that doesn't include locals. Is that not possible?

Consider the case where the subscriber has a grandfathered package (ie Total Choice w/o locals) that doesn't include locals. Is that not possible?

He doesnt have to get locals when they become available...but if he does the charge is $3 last I checked
Jimbo said above you dont need to take locals...whether new customers are forced to that I do not know

If locals are avail in a cust market when they sign up they don't have the option to refuse them for a lower package. Packages are discounted $3 only if locals are not avail so once they are, a customer can add them on to get back to the regular base package price.

If locals become avail in a market where a cust has a grandfathered package, D* will want the cust to upgrade to a current package on top of adding locals. So that would be $3 for locals and I believe it's $5 for current package. In the past, at least some csrs still had the ability to add locals to expired packages even if it wasn't technically correct. I don't know if they still can though.

To add to this, Jimbo is correct. Customers in a non local market when they signed on do not HAVE to take locals if/when they become avail as long as they don't change their base package.

He doesnt have to get locals when they become available...but if he does the charge is $3 last I checked
Jimbo said above you dont need to take locals...whether new customers are forced to that I do not know

All you have to do is when setting up service, new package or older is tell them that you don't want thier locals and they will note the package that way.

At least thats what I have always done, last year I finally added them, although I still use my OTA antenna.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts