Had an AT-9, which dish to get now?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
My parents had an AT-9 dish, evidently it needs to be replaced due to a faulty LNB per the installer. Which dish should I get? I searched, but didn't really figure out the difference between the AU9-S and the other slimlines. Do I still need 5 LNB dish? or will the other slimline 3-lnb be ok for receiving all the HD packages?

I have the platinum package.

Also, anyone know a local metro atlanta place to pickup a dish real quick?

Note: I know I could just call DTV, please don't recommend that, I have an installation guy I trust that is local, just want a source and info on the different dishes.

My parents had an AT-9 dish, evidently it needs to be replaced due to a faulty LNB per the installer. Which dish should I get? I searched, but didn't really figure out the difference between the AU9-S and the other slimlines. Do I still need 5 LNB dish? or will the other slimline 3-lnb be ok for receiving all the HD packages?

I have the platinum package.

Also, anyone know a local metro atlanta place to pickup a dish real quick?

Note: I know I could just call DTV, please don't recommend that, I have an installation guy I trust that is local, just want a source and info on the different dishes.

A SL3 will give you the HD channels.

As Jimbo said, the 3LNB will get you ALL the HD. However, do be aware that since you have platinum, you will loose some Sonic Tap music channels, as well as HOPE & JLTV, which are all on 119. (I assume they do not have Spanish or Chinese prog, as those are also on 119)

There is not that much of a price difference between the 3 & 5 LNB slimline, so as long as you are NOT having LOS issues on 110/119, I'd probably go for the 5LNB myself. ;)

FYI - you ARE aware there are also SWM versions of both the 3 & 5 LNB's. If you don't want to replace anything else on your system, probably might want to stick with non-SWM verisions... ;)

Hmm, there is a local 3LNB, what is SWM? I'm not too concerned with HOPE and JLTV :)

And no, they don't have spanish and chinese needs. I do have an FTA setup there for Farsi for them.

SWM = Single Wire Multiswitch

This allows you to run a DRV with a single cable instead of running two.

BUT, you have to make sure ALL of your receivers are SWM compatible if you do this. (NOT all of them are)
I was just telling you about the SWM, so that you do NOT wind up with something unexpected when you get a new dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts