MRV + OnDemand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

puckstopper_37

Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Denver
Apologize in advance if this was already answered, my search didn't turn up anything.

New install of DirecTV yesterday of the following:

1) HR24-200
2) H23-600

Installed using SWiM.
Installed MRV

After doing some research online, I understood I needed to order the Internet On-Demand install ($25) since I would be doing MRV as well.

Because neither box is anywhere near my home router, I expected to use my airport express wireless access point to plug the extra deca into my home network.

The installer would not install the deca bridge for me because he swore up and down that the service would not work wirelessly. He left me with the extra deca and cables, put a splitter where he said I would ultimately hook into with a terminator on it, and instructed me on how plug it in when I ultimately ran cat6 down to it. (If it matters, he put a splitter on the rg6 coax *prior* to the H23-600 box. one end of the splitter goes to the h23-600, the other to the LNB side of the deca. The Power side is plugged into a power strip, and the ethernet cable plugs into my airport extreme).

This morning, I proceeded to hook the deca up, plugging the ethernet cable into my wireless access point just to see if he was wrong and it would work. I'm currently at hour 6 into my 24 hour wait time.

A few questions:

1) Is there any reason why a wireless access point wouldn't work? Network speed is a valid concern I suppose but otherwise the deca shouldnt' know the difference between an ethernet port on a router or a wireless access point.

2) I understand I have to wait as long as 24 hours before the on demand programming is available...but is there any way to tell prior to that if things are working? All three lights on the deca are solid green.

3) I expected to look at my router table and see the deca assigned an ip address on my local network, but I don't. Should I?

4) On the hr24-200, I can see the on-demand channels (1000, etc) as well as the on-demand option from the menu. However, the H23-600 neither has any of the on-demand channels listed in the guide, nor an on-demand option in the menu. Is that to be expected? Can I only watch on-demand programming from my dvr?

Thanks!

I've been w/ Direct for a little over a month now. If you're looking to tell that you have any connection to the net thru this setup you can also try pressing the right arrow button which will attempt to bring up TV Apps, whose info come from online solely.

Within the System Setup, selecting Network Setup, and then going to Repeat Network Setup will tell you it will take 24 hours to have On Demand but it should also mention something like "Congrats! Your receiver is connected to the Internet"

On my router info it does show both my HR24 and H24 w/ individual IPs.

The OnDemand listings do not show on the H24 I have and also the VOD recordings once downloaded do not appear on the list in the H24's room.

You should see all your DVR's in your client table. I see all four of mine.

Have you tried plugging in another network device to your airport and see if it is connecting to your network?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)