Getting NBC. Hd and ABC.Hd on 942 in Mpeg 2

calikarim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Oh my god, i just turned my tv and dish 942 on and pushed channel 4 and y o and beyong i am getting KNBC.HD on channel 4 and KABC.HD on channel 7. they are doing it, providing it for free for all customers in MPEG 2. thank you dish , in time for the opening ceremony. I never got both these channels till today. I am watching Fred Roggin doing the coverage before the opening scheduled for 8pm Los angeles time. i was freaking out how will i watch the opening ceremony in HD. I am getting al locals in HD.

They are removing the mpeg 4 flag so everyone can get these channels i am sure of it I just started receiving it last 1 hour after playing with it for 9 months. I never get any locals in HD.

Editing this post

Sorry guys, what happened is that NBC tower in Los Angeles has increased signal strength for olympics as a result the antennae i have is now picking up knbc.dt, which is didn't till today, i was so excited while watching opening ceremony that i checked after my scan channels and reaalized the mistake. Sorry calikarim, enjoy the olympics on dish on universal hd

Last edited:
I have pictures to prove i am getting all locals hd on 942

I have enclosed picture of my program guide for channel 4 of my 942

Attachments

• mpeg 4.jpg
    mpeg 4.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 276
Looks like a SD LiL designation from the guide shot.

how about a screen shot with the info bar showing over some olympic HD content.

I asumme you can tell the difference between HD and SD.

But just to check can you give me a pic of channels 6306-6309 in your guide

Might be wishful thinking but I don't get the 129 satellite so if there were mpeg2 locals on that sat then I wouldnt see them.

Hopefully the original poster will come back and give some more details.

if you look closely at the picture... you will see a 5-2 for KTLA... I don't think dish is doing sub channels although I may be wrong as no one answered that question when I asked it when they originally went available to subs.. Also KTLA is WB AKA CW soon to be... Currently dish only caries the big 4 in HD aka CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX. There for that leads me to conclude that this claim is highly BOGUS! and an ota antenna is involved :)

Allso if you look at the pic even closer you would notice that he doesnt get KNBC in hd... and dish carrys that channel..

Dish carrys the current channels

6306 KABC
6307 KCBS
6308 KNBC
6309 KTTV

I have one word for this post. BOGUS! :)

Nice try though :)

Attachments

• Bogus Claim.JPG
    Bogus Claim.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
I have the 942 and have always had this in my guide. All it is is (the blue ones) your local SD channels remapped to the 04 and 07 In my case the 04 is the exact same as 9126 and 07 is 9125. They have been there since I got my 942 in Dec. The yellow ones are your ota locals from your antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts