Getting OTA if/when Voom goes dark.

tvrobert said:
I'll cancel and they can have the STB back if they prefer. I did enjoy the service, but more HD isn't always better. I'll miss Rave and Equator. That's about it.
Just guessin', but I doubt that they'll make any effort to recover the STBs once they go dark. Hard to say what they'll do about those who cancel before. After you actually cancel, how 'bout lettin us know if they collect the box and remote from you? If they don't, I would see that as a sign that the end is near :eek: .

Removing Equipment

tvrobert said:
Fair enough. Thanks for the reply.
I thought it takes a court order to enter your home:? a paper is not good enough. were is it signed, and by the home owner who signed?. like I said Court order. or no entry. " ps. We own a Used car dealer ship, repo car's can't go on a person's land without a : " Court Order " most people don't know that and it make's it easy to get our car. "

kelljc said:
I thought it takes a court order to enter your home:? a paper is not good enough. were is it signed, and by the home owner who signed?. like I said Court order. or no entry. " ps. We own a Used car dealer ship, repo car's can't go on a person's land without a : " Court Order " most people don't know that and it make's it easy to get our car. "

Sure, and with the rapid depreciation inherent in most electronics, it has got to cost them more to retrieve the thing than cut the loss and move on.

TheTimm said:
Just guessin', but I doubt that they'll make any effort to recover the STBs once they go dark. Hard to say what they'll do about those who cancel before. After you actually cancel, how 'bout lettin us know if they collect the box and remote from you? If they don't, I would see that as a sign that the end is near :eek: .

Will do.

Voom Death Clock

TheTimm said:
After you actually cancel, how 'bout lettin us know if they collect the box and remote from you? If they don't, I would see that as a sign that the end is near :eek: .

I just called to cancel my Voom sub and the CSR said they’ll be by to pick up my STB Feb 7. I said fine, I’ll leave it in the garage. The CSR said “no, I think you have to sign for it.” I’ll have to work something out with the de-install folks. I’d rather not take time off work to wait three hours for some dude to pick this thing up.

But from the sound, all is alive and well in Voom-ville (at this moment). The CSR even informed me of the “71 new high definition channels we’re adding in March.” I said that was super and may be back (the truth). At any rate, you can read into that what you like. I got the impression the CSR was just reading off a cue-card anyway… but I know that’s also S.O.P. regardless of whether this guy knows the Sword of Damocles is hanging over Voom or not.

I ordered an HDTV OTA tuner today, so the OTAs are handled. By the way, are these things out of stock everywhere but eBay for a reason??

I’ll chime in here if they actually pick it up.

VOOM and Pickup after Cancellation

My friend at work had a VOOM installation from Hell. The installer came 3 hours late, pulled the phone line off his house, didn't install the ota antenna, left before the unit downloaded and left him the number and paperwork to call to authorize the boxes. Not a good start! After 3 weeks of calling to get an ota antenna installed he said the heck with it last week. He called them and said shut the darn thing off and come and get it. They said Monday 1/24 there would be someone out to pick up the 2 receivers and dish.
No one came all day, when he called last night to complain again, after several minutes the CSR came clean and said that in reality no one was ever scheduled to pickup the equipment and they would call him back later. When he left for work last night at 11pm no one had called back. It doesn't look like they even care about the equipment anymore!

Sounds like a lot of " B. S. " you know Bad Smell, What was the Employee #? how do we know this is a fact without the Employee#
Voomer 12-16-2003 and still happy:

TheTimm said:

An outfit called Custom Entertainment picked up the STB today. Voom still cares about its equipment. :D

I'm just glad they snagged it after the superbowl. :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)