Sound Problems

mrparrott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
S.W. Florida
We are new to voom and have a problem with sound on a few stations that include TBS the cartoon network and Boomarang and a few others that I can't think of now.

The Voom reciever is connected to my onkyo Sournd sound system via an optical cable. I know that the Onkyo is configured properly because the other stations sound awesome.

the funny thing is I also have a voom reciever hooked up to a standard 27 inch television using a coax cable and all the stations sound fine.

any ideas as to why this is happening? and what to do to fix this?

thanks in advance
Bruce

mrparrott said:
We are new to voom and have a problem with sound on a few stations that include TBS the cartoon network and Boomarang and a few others that I can't think of now.

The Voom reciever is connected to my onkyo Sournd sound system via an optical cable. I know that the Onkyo is configured properly because the other stations sound awesome.

the funny thing is I also have a voom reciever hooked up to a standard 27 inch television using a coax cable and all the stations sound fine.

any ideas as to why this is happening? and what to do to fix this?

thanks in advance

Bruce

Have you tried to reboot the receiver , swap receiver to see if they both do it there. Or you might call voom and ask them if they need to send more hit to the box.

TYORK said:
Have you tried to reboot the receiver , swap receiver to see if they both do it there. Or you might call voom and ask them if they need to send more hit to the box.

We have rebooted the reciever at least 3 times both hard and by holding the power button

we swaped the 2 recievers today and there is still no sound on the one that has the problem :confused:

so I will call voom and have them send out a new reciever

Have you tried using the coaxial digitaloutput from the Voom STB just as a lark? That would eliminate the optical connection as a possible culprit. Although it doesn't happen very often, the optcal links are more sensitive than the coax and you never know until you try.

Any halfway decent coax cable will work as a test.

Good luck,

Doug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts