Getting ready to rumble, err, Stern and Sirius...

T2k

The Raw Nerve
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
Park Slope, NYC
... and I'm a bit confused: is there any Sirius unit with digital (Toslink or S/PDIF, doesn't matter) output? I want to buy one for my living room HT setup and it'd utterly stupid to hook up any other way...

Possibly I also would like to buy a smaller one, aportable one but I doubt there'll be any digital-out one...

Last question: if I find both and buy them, I can put them on one account, for the total of ~$20/mo, right?

TIA :cool:

T2k said:
... and I'm a bit confused: is there any Sirius unit with digital (Toslink or S/PDIF, doesn't matter) output? I want to buy one for my living room HT setup and it'd utterly stupid to hook up any other way...

Possibly I also would like to buy a smaller one, aportable one but I doubt there'll be any digital-out one...

Last question: if I find both and buy them, I can put them on one account, for the total of ~$20/mo, right?

TIA :cool:

The Kenwood DT7000S (I have one and like it) has what you want and I think the the SIRIUS SRH550 Home Tuner also has the digital out. There have been a few home made PNP's with digital out. First sub is $12.95 and 2, 3, and 4th subs are $6.99 each.

While I love Sirius programming and all.... I think you are in for a dissapointment T2k.

I doubt that the Digital sound output will improve the sound quality appreciably.

My brother in law just bought a Sportster Replay and was asking me about mine. He thought his was defective because the music sounds 'hollow'. I had to be the bearer of bad news and tell him 'no, that's normal'.

To me, a lot of Sirius sounds like low bitrate MP3s. Some channels are better than others. For some reason I was under the impression that satellite radio was CD quality. It's not.

On the road I'll take that over static and a radio station from Mexico fading in and out any day of the week though ;).

Shawn

How long has xm channel 153 been going?

George Carlin Special

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)