Getting Rid of Favorites List

Seadoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
I had a favorites list for the Olympics. I cant seem to get rid of it now. I have cleared channel but it now just shows up with the name and no channels indicated. I tried changing name to LIST 2 (original name) and still nothing. What is the trick for getting rid of this?

Seadoo said:
I had a favorites list for the Olympics. I cant seem to get rid of it now. I have cleared channel but it now just shows up with the name and no channels indicated. I tried changing name to LIST 2 (original name) and still nothing. What is the trick for getting rid of this?
You can perform a menu function 6-6 Factory Defaults. This will remove the other favorites lists created by you and it will clear your caller id history and the history for your search programs.

In the past, I've gone and renamed the list back to its original name (i.e. LIST 2), selected the list and did the 'Clear all' (or similarly named) button and then did a reset of the machine (usually a slow pull of the smart card, wait for and error message, and then slowly push it back in). This will hard reboot the box and it seems to fix the favorites list. It might also work with just holding down the power button for 5 or so seconds to reset it, but not sure.

Similarly, I have to do this process when I create a new list too in order to get the channels to display correctly in the guide (save the OTA HD channels, which I still can't get to display in the guide).

I have tried all the suggestions and nothing works. I actually had an HD favorites list that is now screwed up. Anybody else have any suggestions on how to get favorites list to work right

Seadoo said:
I have tried all the suggestions and nothing works. I actually had an HD favorites list that is now screwed up. Anybody else have any suggestions on how to get favorites list to work right
Ok, try this. Preform the factory default. Once your 921 is back up and running, do a power cord reboot. Leave the power cord unplugged for about 20 seconds. It works for mine, just fine. If this doesn't work for yours, then maybe there is something deeply wrong, and maybe the absolutely most qualified tech. support folks at E* can remedy. Remember, the OTA digital channels will not appear in any of your, "favorites" lists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts