Getting Starchoice in Texas

slccc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Lubbock, Texas
I live in the Lubbock area and have Dish Network. I would like to look at making Starchoice my satellite provider. Some of my questions concern the following: cost of getting HD/DVR receivers and setting it up in four rooms, the ordering and broker process, finding someone who is familiar with the installation, and the reliability of the service? This is my first post to the website. I find your discussions over my head but enjoyable to read. BTW does Starchoice offer wireless internet as well?

*C in Texas ... no problems

I live in Corpus Christi, and have had *C for several years. I suggest making sure you get a 75cm dish, the signal quality will be much better especially on the HD channels.

I have two receivers and have had no problems with my broker with activating them. You will have to find someone to find the bird, but it's not that difficult with the larger dish.

I live in Corpus Christi, and have had *C for several years. I suggest making sure you get a 75cm dish, the signal quality will be much better especially on the HD channels.

I have two receivers and have had no problems with my broker with activating them. You will have to find someone to find the bird, but it's not that difficult with the larger dish.

Thanks for the information. Where did you make your purchase, who do you use as a broker, and what were the costs?

confirm Sc coverage

Thanks for the information. Where did you make your purchase, who do you use as a broker, and what were the costs?

I can confirm that one can receive SC in Texas with no problem. Since it is in the in the US ku frequencies, take the guys advice and go with the largest dish you can get away with. I have never heard anyone complain about too much signal.

The Satellite actually goes very South especially compared to Vu;s birds, so probably for your location it is a good choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)