GI 920 and LNBF Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
This isn't something that is of major concern but something I want to know just the same as I plan to replace that GI920 with a Vbox X VERY soon.

Yesterday I swapped out the Chaparral Corotor feedhorn with a new DMX 741S LNBF. Went into the "Dish Settings" menu and changed line 2 to Cband and Ku band LNBFs and left 4 "Feedhorn Polarization" checked as "Standard". Spent the better part of the afternoon tweaking that new DMX in on AMC21 and I've got pretty good Q on most TPs that I A/B tested it with.

So tonight I fired up the 920 again and went to X4-216 and got no DC lock? This has been working mind you but tonight it didn't. So I got my thinking cap on and then went in Dish Setup again and changed item 4 "Feedhorn Polarization" to "Rotated 90*" then went out and back to X4-216 and got a lock?

So it's good news and bad news in mudville tonight cuz if I leave it on Rotated 90 then all my other info an H and V TPs is in the toilet?

So does anyone know why that X4-216 channel won't work with the standard setup when everything else works fine?:confused:

Hey my first post here!
Anyway,when using an LNBF with a 4DTV the proper setting is rotated 90,why I don't know.If I recall correctly the polarities will appear backward in the 4D but will be correct otherwise.

Hey LG!

Did you set up your 741 LNBF with the zero at either 6/12 o'clock or 3/9 o'clock position(s)?

Hey LG!

Did you set up your 741 LNBF with the zero at either 6/12 o'clock or 3/9 o'clock position(s)?

Brex the zero is at 12 o'clock on this one just like it is on my other one. Main problem is that I lost about 15 to 20 Q points on Vertical TPs with this swap and lost a little more when I set it to rotate 90? I may try rotating the feed horn 180* to see if I can pick up some of that lost Vertical Q.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts