GI 922 or 920 Unit ID corruption

Status
Please reply by conversation.

esteveW

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Western WA
When the backup battery fails/ages-out, what digits of that sequence become corrupted?? It seems like someone said the first group became zeros.

This seller says there is no Unit ID on the back and I looked a a picture of one I didn't see it either. The only one is a bar code label on the Videocipher door.
I looked at my 905 and see the model and another number are on a label on the bottom. Is this the place they the label is located on the 922 and 920??

A quick reply would be appreciated. (Seller waiting for info) Maybe I can score a 920 (if the numbers match).

Steve

Just have them make note and email to you, the First 2 Lines from the Diagnostics Menu
Then check with someone like callnps.com or skyvision.com

Using the remote, press:
Options, 6, 5
Should be Lines A and B

cband.winnfreenet.com/4dtv.php

I found on some of my 920's that I also had a label inside the box on top of the chassis frame besides the one by the power plug.

Ok! Here is what the "System Status" screen has, according to the seller:

Unit ID # 60-0822-0005-EF
Receiver # 096-01364-45957-239

Looks like those in the manual.

The seller couldn't find a label on the outside of the unit. Not even on the bottom.

Thanks,

Steve

It's mine now!

Well it better be OK! I now own it:D

looking forward to all the more advanced features I have been reading about and don't have in my Trashiba analog/905 sidecar setup.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

congrats on the pickup

the 920 doesnt have all the symbol rates available that the 905 does but the channels not available is minimal

I may keep the 905 if I can find another analog box that does everything the (my broken/locked up) GI 2730R has.

Remember, I still have another BUD, that is now sitting on the ground awaiting another post.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement.

Steve

GI 450i opinion?

I have been watching/bidding on several GI receivers models on eBay. The 922 got away and I won the bidding on the 920 and will have it in a couple days.

However, there is still a GI 450i that I was thinking about. I read the manual (thanks Iceberg) and this model looks like it might be worth adding to my growing collection. I'm pretty conservative in my bidding and wouldn't be paying too much :D.

What is the general opinion of the 450i??

Thanks

Steve

How can one tell definitively if a 922 or 920 has a bad unit ID#? I got one and the unit ID does not match what is on the back of the receiver. I thought they had to match and all started with triple zeros? in the menu mine starts out with

81-40D5

the label on the back of my unit starts with 000-031777

I think mine is skunked :(

I sure hope you have a good unit, I checked all four of my 920's and none begin with that configuration and I don't know if this applies to all receivers. By any chance did the seller agree to take it back if the ID's are corrupt.

How can one tell definitively if a 922 or 920 has a bad unit ID#? I got one and the unit ID does not match what is on the back of the receiver. I thought they had to match and all started with triple zeros? in the menu mine starts out with

81-40D5

the label on the back of my unit starts with 000-031777

I think mine is skunked :(

All my units match the label on the back...I hate to say it but it sure doesn't look good. I guess the best test is just see what you can receive and hope for the best.

Good Luck

Well I'm holding my breath. The seller is a auction dealer and eventually confirmed that the numbers in his ad were from the status screem. However, he claimed he couldn't find the Unit ID label on the back or bottom.

I checked my 905 and the status screen match up with the bar code label next to the power cord. And it does start with "000" followed by a dash then 5 more digits, dash, 5 more digits, dash and 3 more digits. Exactly as the status screen format.

I look at the manual for a 922 page 39 and it shows a picture of a System Status sceen and that number start with "000" then 13 more digits.

I'm no longer sure of what the Unit ID format is suppose to be. I had read before that a corrupt unit would have a whole bunch of zeros.

We will see.

Steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)