GI Super350i and 8' BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rvtoyz

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
I recently got an entire C band system for getting it out of a guys yard. It's an older system with a GI super 350i reciever, and 8' BUD. Is there any value (not money) to this system? I also have a ku system with a Sonicview 360 elite. If I change LNB's and motors will my SV360 work?

The analog receiver is good for positioning the dish. Assuming the lnb and feedhorn motor is good and modern enough, you fta receiver will work fine. You could use a diseqc switch and keep your ku dish on line with the c band dish.

There is a lot of c band fta channels.

Thanks truckracer.
My sonicview 360 elite has 2 tuners. Can I use ku on 1 and C on the other? I'm pretty sure I'll have to replace the feed horn. This one has a Hor / vert relay of some sort and he gave me an older one too. Both have the scaler ring connected. The motor is huge and has it's own cable back to the GI 350i.
Is there a "current" list on available "C" band FTA ?

Click on The List, top of page, look for the c-band sats. You'll have to use the GI box to switch polarities on the channels you get from the big dish. Unless you want to swap out the feedhorn you have for a newer, lnbf style feed. Your 360 can handle that, but not the older one with the polarity motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)