Gifting Microsoft Points??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I'd heard before that you can purchase MS points online and give them to someone else. Apparently all you needed was their Windows Live ID. However when I go here: https://points.microsoft.com/instantbuy/, it says the service is no longer available. Here's the screenshot:
MSPoints.JPG

Has anyone heard of this being halted? I'd like to surprise my nephew with some MS points.

Is he local to you? Grab a points card for him at most places you can get gift cards, Walgreens, Rite Aid, think my Smith's even has them. Of course there are the usual suspects that sell the consoles that stock the cards too.

Only vaguely remember this program, did not know it was still going on, so did not know it was halted.

Of course I know I could buy him a card. That's not the point (no pun intended) of my post.

I'm looking for someone with knowledge as to the existence of this program. I thought I would've heard about them stopping the program. I wonder what happened? It was a cool concept with the surprise factor and all. You log on to Live! and discover you have 1600 more points than you thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts