Glitch with Channelmaster & Fortec Classic?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Wonder if anyone has seen this.

I hooked up my Fortec to a setup with 119 audio, AMC4 and a feed from my motorized. Scanned in the channels and decided to use ChannelMaster to change the stuff around.

Uploaded it with no issues......made changes with no issues.....downloaded it back to the Fortec with no issues

Here's the weird thing. If I hit "sat" which shows a list of all the satellites I have stored, they all say "Echo 6,8 110W". So it shows on the scrren like this

-All Sats
-Echo 6,8 110W
-Echo 6,8 110W
-Echo 6,8 110W

But if I go tot he 1st one, it gives me the channels for AMC4. Second one goes to 119 audio, 3rd is a feed from motor (I was on AMC5). It shows correctly on the screen when I hit the info button (the bar at top is right). I had to factory default for it to work correctly.

Anybody else seen this?

I'm running the current (1.11.09) from 5/22/06

Just downloaded it yesterday. When I opened my older version it said "there is a new version. Do you want to download it?"

OK.. i guess you have "Check for newest version" feature ON in Channel Master :D

I guess. I just downloaded it a while ago when I use to use it to organize my channels on the Pansat 1500. It sucked having to type with the remote

KYPX 49 RTN (as an example)

I have to figure out how to turn that option off

edit: just turned it off. It was set to "check every two days"

It did the same thing to me. Fortunately (?) I don't have a motor so it didn't affect anything. I had to go into the Fortec's positioner setup and fix them so they read right. I'm using CM 1.11.08 which is 1 sub release behind current. However, the list of changes for 1.11.09 doesn't mention this problem being fixed.

I thought it might have been someting I did wrong. Since it happened to you too, I've posted it as a bug report on the CM forum.

Maybe email the dude that makes this program... or even, i think, they have a forum there now..

So maybe email him .. or go to their forum and tell him there what is happening to you..

And who knows.. maybe he can find some bugs (hopefully) to accomodate for that receiver in the next release or some future release(s) .. and hopefully that will fix your problem..

Just a suggestion....

Good going... :D

Any response back from the program maker, to-date, about this problem?

No, but I just reported it this morning when I found out that someone other than me was having the same problem. Originally I thought it might just be something I had done. There's a new version that was posted today but it was posted before I reported the problem and the change list doesn't mention it.

Thanks...

Keep us informed on any new developements .. or on what happens in any case... ;)

i downloaded new version of CM - 1.11.10 (May 28 th i think)..

Installed it and running it now.. :)

But i don't use the proggy that often.. - just like running newest version of it, lol..

Mostly i just scan my satellite(s) and tp(s)...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just letting you know - New version of CM is out June 2nd / 2006, i think...

1.12.00 :)

What's New? .. - it says there:

"Added external tools (look in menu Tools->Options)."

[EDIT] ... Come on PSB.. - You did NOT have to do that.. Why did you do what you did? (no biggie of course.. BUT however.. :-(

Last edited:
Not sure..

But ya.. interesting..

I just started it up.. and yuppers.. sure thing - it's there in Tools/Options (just as advertized) :D

Tools/Options has been there for a while. Thats how I saw the "look for updates every two days" thing and was able to turn it off

No i ment - Tools/Options/External Tools

(that what he advertized in "What's New")

Tools/Option - that was there before...

But i guess Tools/Options/External Tools was NOT there before ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)