Globecast Multi-switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inskdimo

Original poster
May 7, 2010
US
Hello,

Can you guys tell me any good multiswitch compatible with the Globecast WorldTV system?

They told me they would require me to buy an additional dish if I want 3 or more receivers. So I was wondering if I could connect from the Dual LNB to a multiswitch then to the receivers.

Also I've a DishNetwork SuperDish currently and is it possible to use that dish instead of the globecast? Just wondering.

PS : It's not for Globecast FTA channels but for their premium programming.

Any garden variety multiswitch should work, since its a simple 13v/18v setup. I would imagine their receiver works like any other, and you certainly shouldn't need a second dish (for Globecast, anyway... As I said in a recent thread, one can never have too many dishes :) )

oh okay thanks.
BTW can you show me some good multi-switches that can be used with Globecast?

also I was wondering if there's any Dual Tuner receivers that are compatible with the Globecast??

Thank you

I don't believe there are ANY receivers compatible with the Globecast subscription card.
If you are looking for non-subscription channels on that satellite, then any standard FTA receiver should work.

As for multiswitches, I don't recall that the Globecast receiver will let turn on 22khz tone to the LNB/switch or not.
Bigger multiswitches use 22khz to select a second LNB, eg: 4x4, 5x4, 4x8, 5x8 models.
But in many cases, such switches are cheaper or easier to find than 2x4, 3x4, or the less likely 2x8 or 3x8.

If you can get by with four receivers, here is a readily available solution:
3x4 multiswitches at Rat Shack for decent price by Iceberg

If you insist in more than four outputs, these switches are inexpensive, and you can ignore their 2nd LNB input:
(read thread, no mods needed for your application, inexpensive switch)
Naughty Mods II: 4x8 Switch with All 18V outputs by Pendragon
(second choice, inexpensive, no mods actually equired for your use)
Naughty Mods III: 6x8 Switch with Power Insertion by Pendragon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sv8000hd info

how do you use gtools with a pansat 3500?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts