Globecast WorldTV box dead

Status
Please reply by conversation.

penguinsix

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Is there any sort of reset or anything that could start up a WorldTV Globecast box? The other day mine was turned off with the ---- across the faceplate, and I went to turn it on and then it powered off, completely, and won't turn back on. Unplug, replug, no dice, no lights, no nothing.

I can't see a reset button or anything but was wondering if there was some procedure I could try to get it back to life, or is this a call Globecast/seller moment?

I'm not familiar with this box. Do you qave a wall type power supply? If you do get a VOM and check the dc output. It may have gone bad.

so what happened

What did you do about this problem? It seems our receiver has done the same thing and we have only been using it about 8 months.

What did you do about this problem? It seems our receiver has done the same thing and we have only been using it about 8 months.

I had the same thing happen. The power supply was faulty. It appears they have a bad batch of receivers out there.

I bought another receiver and was able to take out the power supply and place it in the registered receiver.

an ounce of prevention . . .

There have been some pretty negative comments on the forum over the years, about the reliability of those boxes.
And apparently they run hot. Not a good thing for electronics.
So, if you have one working, be sure to elevate it (tall stick-on legs?) ...
... don't set it on top of hot hi-fi amplifier...
... put a fan under/behind it...
And maybe it'll last a little longer. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts