Glorystar DVR

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
I am not sure I understand how the Glorystar DVR works?

I need to buy an external hard drive. I understand that. How do I hook it up? Does it set on top of or beside the DVR?

There is reference to software for recording? Do I need to buy software? Do I load it on the DVR or my computer? Not sure how that works.

Also reference made to the online program guide. Is there a subscription cost for this?

Also reference made to subscription charges for some channels or pay-per-view. Are these the only fees associated with the DVR system?

Thanks.

Does not matter where it sits... unless it is really large and blocks the vents on the top of the receiver anywhere should be fine.

Everything that the receiver needs to record and playback is part of the system. If you want to play back through a DIFFERENT device you will need some other software, although you may already have what you need.

The program guide is not up yet. Don't know anything about the non-Glorystar channels.

Bruce
Roxtreme - Home

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I need to buy an external hard drive. I understand that. How do I hook it up? Does it set on top of or beside the DVR?

There is reference to software for recording? Do I need to buy software? Do I load it on the DVR or my computer? Not sure how that works.

Also reference made to the online program guide. Is there a subscription cost for this?

Also reference made to subscription charges for some channels or pay-per-view. Are these the only fees associated with the DVR system?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you only want to play programs recorded with the DVR1100c on a PC or Mac, there are several free software programs available. If you wish to burn DVDs, we recommend Video ReDo for a PC or iSkySoft on a Mac.

Both the DVR1100c and the DSR100c receivers have a card reader. This feature is very popular for churches wishing to subscribe to the CCN service.

all you have to do is hook the hard drive to the usb port on the DVR and away you go. You can play stuff through the DVR. The neat thing is you can record a program AND watch something already recorded. So you can watch TV when YOU want to ;)

I have a DVD recorder already. If I wanted to record a DVD, couldn't I set the DVR and record the program on the external hard drive and then burn a DVD while watching the program from the external drive? Does that make sense?

Yes that is possible. I create DVDs like that. I imagine that Video ReDo would burn DVDs faster. I am going to get Video Redo when the GloryStar Electronic Program Guide (EPG) gets rolled out.

I have a DVD recorder already. If I wanted to record a DVD, couldn't I set the DVR and record the program on the external hard drive and then burn a DVD while watching the program from the external drive? Does that make sense?

That is the way I have done it, and it even works with an inverter. For some reason, maybe the sync lock, I have not had success to a VCR (VHS) tape, but the DVD uses a lot less power, so I am happy.

I have not had success at all using VideoReDo.... But that is just me,
POP

Use Video ReDo all the time. Love it!

A 60 minute DVR recording gets burned to DVD in 10 - 15 minutes or less! Put a few index points, a video capture from the recording printed on the disc and add a navigation screen for a real professional look!

I also use Video ReDo to rip video camera footage for playback on the DVR1100c.

Love the technology. No more blurry and jittery copies from VCR to VCR!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)