Glorystar Install Question

techie2k4

Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Hi, I'm supposed to install a Glorystar system for my church (usually not a problem.) Someone donated a Channel Master 1.1M dish for this install (that's where it could get problematic!) That particular dish has one bent bar from the bottom of the dish to support circular type DTV LNBF's. I will be installing one of the Dual Std. Geosat Pro LNBF's which as fate would have it is NOT designed to work with this dish out of box.
Has anyone ever tried such an install? Think it may work if I "fabricate" sometype of LNBF mount bracket adapter???:confused:

It took me a minute to picture what you were talking about.
That Dual Standard LNB is meant to be mounted by the neck.
A clamp goes around it just behind the feed horn.

Over in the FTA department, we're always fabricating odd mounts for such projects.
I'm sure a picture of the dish/arm and LNB would get you many suggestions.

Also, I have read that the proper bracket is available for not much money to fit that dish.
I could be mistaken, but I thought I'd read about it being available somewhere for $10, or so.

One last question - did you need to mount a 2nd LNB for the rest of the programming?
If not, we're done.
If so, speak up, and maybe you can get good suggestions for that, too. ;)

Thank you

Thank you for your very informative reply. The Channel Master 1.1M looks like this. I was unaware that they made an LNBF FTA style bracket to fit so I'll have to do a google search on it. Nonetheless, right now I'm more inclined to head to the tool shed and fabricate a mount out of angle iron and then mount the LNB to the unit via a universal mount/clamp from G*. Figure once I connect the LNBF to a Birdog meter and find the sweet spot then I can further bend my homemade bracket into position. As for a 2nd LNBF... well we'll just have to see how the 1st one works out and then plan accordingly. Thanks for the link with the pix... they sure stirred up a lot of "jimmy-rigging" memories.-Al :)

If you will temporarily fit an old DirecTV LNB in place, you can see/measure/calculate where the center of the horn of your LNB needs to be.
That's how I did it for mine... and it worked right off.
In fact, those two conduit hanger clamps fit the existing hole on the LNB arm of a small DirecTV dish, and correctly locate the feedhorn of my replacement LNB at the focus.
Very likely, a duplicate of what I built, would fit yours... :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)