glorystar receiver "Update s/w" question

mikej55

Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
florida
How long does this update take! Why don't I get some kind of indication that it is updating and not just "DO NOT TURN OFF RECEIVER"! I have my unit set for automatic updates so why does this prompt appear every week! I normally say no to the prompt but I finally said yes and now "NOTHING" is happening.:mad::confused::popcorn

Force a manual update through the OTA menu, then do a factory reset, followed by a power off/on cycle - it will be fixed.
Bob

so why does this prompt appear every week! I normally say no to the prompt

By saying no to the SW Update prompt, you have not been allowing the receiver to be updated to the most current operating software. Each week your receiver is locating an updated software version and asking for you to approve the download and update your receiver.

A SW (software update) is different than the automatic weekly channel list update. Software updates might occur several times in a year and require customer acceptance of the new operating software. The SW update takes about 5 minutes. The weekly channel list updates do not require customer acceptance if the default automatic update feature is left ON. The Channel list update takes about 1 minute. Both updates are scheduled to occur at 3am local time on Tuesday morning.

The updates may be failing if the Signal Quality was too low (below 50% on channel #1). I agree with WescoPC's suggestion of performing a Manual OTA update, Factory Reset and Master Power Switch cycle to update your receiver to current operating software and channel list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)