Glorystar System in the Caribbean

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I am located in the Caribbean. Can I use the Glorystar system here to receive both IA5 (Galaxy 25) and AMC-4? I can receive both satellite at my location (St. Vincent and the Grenadines). AMC 4 satellite is coming in even on my 120cm dish at 75% quality for 3ABN and 45% on Hope Channel. My big 180cm channel master can receive all the channels on AMC-4 and IA5.

My question to Glorystar, will you make available a bigger dish 180cm to use your dual LNBF bracket? I have a lot of people here who will be interested in receiving these Christian channels.

The 4 degree dual LNBF bracket is designed for a specific dish and would not be suitable for other sizes or brands. Dishes have different focal distances and convergence points and the longitude and latitude of your location also affects the convergence points for receiving multiple satellites.

Now with all of the technical jargon out of the way.... You can easily fashion a bracket to fit your fixed dish to receive both satellites or purchase an adjustable bracket like this GEOSATpro 3 LNBF Mount . Since the Galaxy 25 satellite will be the weakest of the two satellites in your region, aim the dish with the Galaxy 25 LNBF in the regular mount. Add a 2nd LNBF for AMC4 above and to the right side of the GAlaxy 25 LNBF at approximately a 70 degree angle (standing in front of the dish). Cnnect both LNBFs to a 22KHz / DiSEqC switch and program the receiver.

Glorystar would probably not consider building a larger dish with dual bracket specifically for your area as the variables in LNBF placement varies greatly in the Caribbean, the high cost of distribution and the limited projected number of sales would not be sufficient to cover the development cost. We do provide a large number of complete Glorystar systems including a 1.8M offset dish to customer's freight forwarders in Miami for shipment into the Caribbean.

It is not difficult to receive both satellites with a large fixed dish throughout the Caribbean, but unfortunately it can not be a one-bracket-fits-all solution like in the US, Canada and Mexico.

Sunday I put 2 LNBF on my channel master 1.8 meter dish. The normal center was on G25 and I receive all the transponders (from MHz WorldView to TBN). I actually scan 180+ channels on Galaxy 25.

I then offset AMC4 and within 3 minutes I get a signal and receive 3ABN at 88% signal and 65% quality. This was just a make-shift bracket. I receive G25 at about 45 to 65% quality.

I am looking to offer the same system in the Caribbean. The difference is that I will have to use a 1.5m or 1.8m dish and find a bracket that I can use. The magic bracket may be ideal. Once I can find the bracket I can use ....that's all I need. I may have to use the bullet-type LNBF like that at Hope Channel Package for the Seventh-day Adventist Satellite Reception FTA Equipment Packages - Hope - Adventist Satellite - Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)