Glorystar

pmt3327

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
ROCKY MOUNT NC
I ordered Glorystar on 2/28 and it will take 10-14 days to get the package. They said they would email the tracking numbers when Fedex gets it in their system. I have had lots of trouble with Fedex and want to know if anyone else got any tracking numbers before shipment was made.

If you don't have the numbers yet, call in again and the CSR (I usually talk to Pam) can let you know what is happening and give you the tracking numbers. You should have NO problems! As Iceberg said - no problems with suppliers and FED-EX want to keep their business! Keep us posted of your progress with the install. We want to rejoice with your success! WELCOME to satGuys. {We're here to help you get you going.}
POP

Thanks for the support. I will let you know how it goes. I found a thread for the glorystar after I wrote the previous post. Should be helpful to me when I get someone to help me put it up.

I called my local installer about glorystar. He said he has installed several BUT that it was not a good choice for my area due to high winds. Has this been an issue for anyone? We are in a high wind, hit by several tornadoes even and are out in the open. due to the location and size of dish he felt it would be knocked out of alignment too easy :(

if the dish is bolted down it will be fine. We've had days in Minnesota where we had sustained 40+ mph winds all day...dish font budge

sounds like the local installer is lazy. The Glorystar system comes with 2 braces for the mast that keeps it stable. You put them on and that bugger aint going nowhere :) The lower the dish is mounted the better.

I've had numerous dishes set up and the only one that ever moved was my 6 foot dish...and well thats another story as to why that moved ;) My other KU dishes don't budge during wind

if the dish is bolted down it will be fine. We've had days in Minnesota where we had sustained 40+ mph winds all day...dish font budge

sounds like the local installer is lazy. The Glorystar system comes with 2 braces for the mast that keeps it stable. You put them on and that bugger aint going nowhere :) The lower the dish is mounted the better.

I've had numerous dishes set up and the only one that ever moved was my 6 foot dish...and well thats another story as to why that moved ;) My other KU dishes don't budge during wind
The Oregon coast had winds of 132 MPH first of December. I went over and repaired six (6) 90 cm dishes. One was mounted on a 6' thin walled pole - bent the pole to the ground - but the dish was OK. Another to a shed withOUT the two braces slipped the mast bolts in the foot. One right next to a pole barn that blew away - didn't move in the wind at all, had the two braces installed (the owner just wanted it checked). One in a mobile home park moved because the braces weren't fastened to anything solid (one row away the wind tipped over a mobile - with people in it!). One pole mount (had a strong 2" schedule 40 pipe) the clamp wasn't tight. One more had a bad LNB but hadn't moved a bit.
So, mounted correctly, they can survive winds in excess of 120 MPH.
Bob

I called my local installer about glorystar. He said he has installed several BUT that it was not a good choice for my area due to high winds. Has this been an issue for anyone? We are in a high wind, hit by several tornadoes even and are out in the open. due to the location and size of dish he felt it would be knocked out of alignment too easy :(

I have had some wind problems with mine, but along with the braces for the mount, they also now has braces for the lnbf tube. I am sure that when I get those AND relocate the dish on a foundation my wind problems will be over. I brace the arm last week and we had 65 to 80 mph winds for over 7 hours yesterday and lost signal for about 10 minutes total, but it came right back. The shed the dishes are mounted on shifted about 2.5 inches a couple of weeks ago and the LNBF arm bent.

I think you will be in good shape with the new dish brace design.
POP

Partly might have to do with where you locate the dish. But you might look into securing the antenna with wires for extra protection.

I'm in FL and having experienced many windy days have seen things blowing away from eye level while things at ground level remained undisturbed. And things in the carport which has 2 open sides hardly ever get blown at all aside from maybe a small plastic dish I leave out with water for the neighbor's cats when they come around to visit.

I've had a StarChoice dish and a Dish 500 dish on my roof that have survived many a hurricane force wind even without the extra wires but I think I will ultimately mount my dish for GloryStar to a pole on the ground. It is slightly larger than the other antennas.

The only other thing I will do, when I get mine repeaked at ground level is drill a hole through to azmith bracket into the mounting pole and put a #10 sheetmetal screw in to keep it from strating to shift. I might also do that to elevation, but that has never moved since I replaced the original bolts with high strength carriage bolts..

Try an Arizona Monsoon it takes roofs off and bends palm trees in half:D we get 2 or 3 of these every summer, still havent had to even adjust my dish after 7 years of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)