Status
Please reply by conversation.

emuman100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Pennsylvania
Hello,

For those with DVB receivers, can anyone scan AMC1 C band for the proper frequency, symbol rate, and FEC for GMA Life TV? My visionsat IV-200 scans a multiplex on 3895MHz with a symbol rate of 6387, I think with an FEC of 3/4. There should be two channels, first one should be "GLTV US", or GMA Life TV, and the second one should be "International 1 - AC3" which I don't know what it is, as it's PowerVU encrypted. There is also a radio channel too. I tried to enter in this information in my Motorola DSR-4410 IRDs, both of them in DVB mode, but neither would pick it up and I'd like to verify if I have the right transponder information.

Thanks.

Jonathan

I just scanned it with my Visionsat and came up with:

3894 V 6383

When I went to "Info" to check out the FEC all I could see was "3,"

I'm not sure if it was cutoff on the display or what. :confused:

I have the same issue. It seems to scan it a slightly different frequency and symbol rate each time. my FEC was also cut off. I'm not sure whats right or not. :|

Has anyone need able to scan with another DVB IRD to see what the right frequency and symbol rate it is?

Thanks.

Jonathan

OK I got it to lock tonight on AMC1

V
3/4 FEC

This was on both the Pansat 1500 and Fortec Classic

3 channels...2 TV and one radio (1 fta, 1 encrypted)

Thank you so much. It's just what I needed. I'm not sure my my DSR-4410 won't lock, but my signal is not the strongest being that I have a 6ft dish.

Jonathan

what kind of quality do you get?

On the Pansat 1500 its around 45...conversely CTN at 3984 H is around 60-63

I get about 52 to 56 quality on that transponder. I got my DSR-4410 to lock onto it. The first channel in the multiplex is GMA Life. I get about the same quality as on my Visionsat. I use DSR-4410 IRDs because they have ASI output, which is fed into my QAM modulators. The IF from those (44MHz) is fed into an upconverter which upconverts it to a cable channel. I use an ATSC/QAM STB to get the channels. Right now I have transponder 2, which has DW-TV, on one DSR-4410, In Demand NBA League Pass Promo in open DCII on another, and GMA Life on the third one. I unfortunately don't have an extra line run for the horizontal tranponders, so I can't pick up any of that. I will be putting up another dish to point at AMC11, so I'll get QVC HD and the other channels that haven't been encrypted yet.

Thanks again.

Jonathan

cool. I was kinda shocked I could lock it as I normally use either Pax/ion or TLN to get the dish locked on AMC1 and have been having issues. SO I used CTN and was able to lock it and did a blind scan. I probably could have got better quality if I tweaked it more :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)