gmc keyless entry remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Louisville, KY Aera
Does anyone know how to tell if a GMC 1999 blazer is equiped with keyless entry system. When i bought the SUV it didnt come with any remotes and would like to see if it did come equiped with it. And if so how could i get a new remote for it. THANKS and if this is viloating forum policy please delte

You should contact a dealer, they should be able to tell from the VIN if they can order new transmitters for it (just like getting new keys). You will have to probably buy them from a dealer anyways.

ok, thanks i was just woundering if there was a way that i could just look around the motor and so forth and see if it had one on it. I will go see the delaer. Thanks

A 99 model should come with it. The remotes use to be very expensive. If I was to bet I would say it was equipted with it.

Do you have a little red light flashing in the middle of your dash? I'd have to check my service manual, but I believe that light is attached to the receiver for the keyless remotes. I was trying to figure out where the antenna on my 98 Montana and figured I probably would have go rip out half my dash to get to it.

i have no red light flashing. I would guess that it has the keyless entry by it having power locks. I bought it used off of a repo, i am going to take it to the gmc guys here in town when i have time and see if it has it on it.

I used to work at one of the three plants that makes those, and my dad has been there seven years. :) BTW, if it's a GMC that makes it a Jimmy or Envoy, the Blazer is Chevy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts