Godfather on Blu Ray

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Just want to give Paramount credit on this release for an older movie the transfer was very good IMO both pq and aq were very good considering how old this movie was.

I haven't watched mine yet. I'm trying to finish 7 seasons of Hill Street Blues first. I want to watch all three movies in a day.

I have the DVD trilogy, and the PQ was really disappointing. The Coppola restoration on the BD version was supposedly very good. I am tempted to purchase it, but that would mean I would have spent $120 for both the DVD and BD versions. Kind of annoying.

I found a record/video store that buys used DVD's. While you won't get full price, you'll have something to play with if you want to upgrade.

I have the DVD trilogy, and the PQ was really disappointing. The Coppola restoration on the BD version was supposedly very good.
I don't have the DVD version to compare, but the PQ on the BD was kind of disappointing: too soft and too much digital noise to my liking. Though it is probably unfair to post my judgment after watching just a few minutes of the first movie: I didn't have time to sit down and watch the entire trilogy yet (which I am anxious to do - I love this movie!). So, I will defer my verdict for now. :D

I am tempted to purchase it, but that would mean I would have spent $120 for both the DVD and BD versions. Kind of annoying.

If I remember correctly, the package mentioned a special rebate for those who purchased the DVD version. ;)

I paid $61 for the BD version of The Godfather at Amazon.com. That's more than $15 less than what I had to pay for the old DVD box set.

The Blu-ray package has a $10 rebate form good for owners of the previous DVD version. You cut out the little proof of purchase tabs and tape them onto rectangles printed on the form. Mail it off and wait 8 weeks or so for your check to arrive in the mail.

A few other new Paramount releases onto Blu-ray have similar $10 rebate forms as do a number of Disney/Touchstone/Hollywood titles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)