going back to C-band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

daquib

Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
gulf states
Greetings,

Quick question for you people; Besides the BUD with proper feed assembly and wiring to house, what all is needed these days to get c-band programming back into my house. I haven't been in the loop since katrina wiped out my 10'. The costs of cable/dtv is sky rocketing and i figured i'd give the old system a try. Feel free to send me a PM or shoot me a lnik of where to look for receivers.

Thanks

Greetings,

Quick question for you people; Besides the BUD with proper feed assembly and wiring to house, what all is needed these days to get c-band programming back into my house. I haven't been in the loop since katrina wiped out my 10'. The costs of cable/dtv is sky rocketing and i figured i'd give the old system a try. Feel free to send me a PM or shoot me a lnik of where to look for receivers.

Thanks

Check with Skyvision for parts and programming subs. Do searches for FTA reseivers. Read the postings on this forum and check you tube for BUD installation.

:)

An openbox S10 will cost $95 from China. That includes shipping. A modoc dish mover box will cost you about $35. Look at ivystoneplace. They have c-ku lnb's for about $20. You can use your old wire. You won't be using your polarity hookup to shift from vertical to horizontal anymore with the newer receivers. You'll need a 22 Khz switch unless the lnb already has one. It switches from vertical to horizontal automatically. You'll get c and ku band.

Grease up your old actuator so you don't ruin it provided you haven't run the dish in some years. And you'll have your dish going again for about $150-$200. That's cheap. Happy satellite hunting.

Are you after FTA programming or H2H or even both as one is free and the other you have to purchase so know what your after will help determine just what equipment you should have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts